edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Extension does not login to the page correctly at https://imo.im/

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Options

I know we have had a lot of problems with that site in the past. I'll mention it to the developers again so they can see how imo broke things this time. :)

For now, I was able to save a new Login item and then edit it in the main 1Password application and mark the username field as the username like this:

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Khad,

My username field is checked as Username under All Fields, however, the form filling just jumps around the page continuously.

The login is saved already, it's just that the logging in doesn't work.

Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What browser version and extension version?

Please try saving a NEW Login item.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Options

I tried saving a new login item. The same problem occurs.

Chrome 26.0.1410.65
    Extension 3.9.14.90

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Got it. Thanks! I am seeing the same thing in Chrome. It works fine in my testing in Safari. It also appears to fail (differently) in Firefox. I'll mention this to the developers.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If we can't fix it, it might be helpful to know that the password field isn't actually a password field until you start typing. It's a text field. Well, it is in Firefox and Chrome anyway. It is a password field in Safari...! 1Password won't fill the password there until it is a password field. They really should just use HTML5 placeholder attribute:

<input type="password" id="splash_imo_password" placeholder="Password" />

Sadly, their JavaScript is so minified that it makes it really difficult to ascertain what is happening there. Sorry I don't have better news right now. Minified JavaScript, password fields that aren't marked as such, and different behavior for different browsers all combine to make this a…difficult site to work with.

I really don't want to pass the buck, but this could be resolved much more quickly by imo if they just make the password field an actual password field. It couldn't hurt to mention it to them. Maybe they don't even know they are causing this problem for all their users who also use 1Password.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Options

I sent feedback to feedback@imo.im.

I just switched to Chrome recently due to the fact that the Language Immersion plugin, or an equivalent, is unavailable in Safari.

Other than the unavailability of that extension for Safari, I find Safari to be a more usable browser. Overall, I pretty much hate Chrome's bookmarking system.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, i guess I should be glad I'm not tied to that Language Immersion extension since I prefer Safari as well.

This discussion has been closed.