1Password for Chrome Extension crashes [resolved in Chrome extension 3.9.21]

Options

Comments

• trolley
    trolley
    Community Member
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi @khad. Sorry, I didn't know you had replied to me. I am using 1Password for Mac and I see your screenshot is for Windows. Is there a different process for a Diagnostics Report on Mac?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for any confusion, @trolley. You're posting in the Windows category.

On a Mac, download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• fussimist
    fussimist
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having a problem with Windows 7 Chrome and 1Password. I don't know if it is related, but I had 1Password installed on an XP with Explorer, an iPhone and an iPad, and all were working fine. Then I got a Windows 7 PC with Chrome, and after I installed Chrome, 1Password disappeared as a program, but is still available as an extension on Chrome. When I try to re-download 1Password for Windows, the program seems to install just fine, puts an icon on the desktop, etc., but as soon as the download finishes, the entire thing disappears - and there is nothing to finish installing, or anything to delete. I have tried reinstalling three times. Yikes!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When I try to re-download 1Password for Windows, the program seems to install just fine, puts an icon on the desktop, etc., but as soon as the download finishes, the entire thing disappears - and there is nothing to finish installing, or anything to delete. I have tried reinstalling three times. Yikes!

Sounds like some anti-virus "solution" is detecting a false positive. Can you please disable your anti-virus "solution" and try again?

Thanks!

• ericb80
    ericb80
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I am also having the problem that my Chrome extension keeps on crashing. I have already re-installed the extension, without success. What else can I try?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ericb80, do you still have the problem in the Canary build of Chrome?

If so, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report?

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jonathanmw
    jonathanmw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am having the same problem - I get a notification (as described above) - and have to click each time to reload the extension. I am running Chrome version 29.0.1547.65 on a Macbook pro with OS X 10.8.4 This has been going on for about a month now and occurs every time I start up Chrome. Previously it worked without any problems.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jonathanmw, you are posting in the Windows category, but do you still have the problem in the Canary build of Chrome?

If so, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Here is how to generate the report on a Mac:

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

• ProteinePlus
    ProteinePlus
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, same problem on my side. Windows Chrome version 29.0.1547.66 m, 1Password extension Version 3.9.19.90. The extension crashes upon loading the first time Chrome. It did not happen before. Diagnostic file sent.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ProteinePlus, Chrome 29 is the current version. Please try the Canary build of Chrome as I mentioned a few times above.

• ProteinePlus
    ProteinePlus
    Community Member
    Options

@Khad, I saw your suggestion, but the Canary build of Chrome is not a release version of the product. I rather not use beta versions of any product. Have you or Agile Bits tested it with the Canary build and know for a fact that it solves the error? Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ProteinePlus, it does resolve this in our testing. You can choose to wait for Google's fix to make its way to stable or install Canary and get the fix now.

• ProteinePlus
    ProteinePlus
    Community Member
    Options

@Khad, thanks for the info. Knowing it is fixed in the next Chrome version, I can wait.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Cheers! Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime.

• gummi
    gummi
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

Hello,

I have the same problem and solved it up to now by disabling the chrome-setting "enable apps in background while chrome is closed" and hope the next Chrome-Update will do the rest.

Chrome-Version up to 26...= no Problem 27 to 29....= the same Problem.

At 3 PC´s there is only the fastes one with this problem and only when a second Chrome-icon appears in the taskbar-notification

Best Regards, Dirk

• gummi
    gummi
    Community Member
    edited September 2013
    Options

Hello,

Additional Information to my first Post.

If i start Google-Keep external from Chrome 1Password-Chrome-Extention crashed too.

It is the Desktop-Start from Google-Keep. If the Keep starts from already opened Chrome there is no Mistake.

Hope this is helpful

Dirk

• stevemitchell
    stevemitchell
    Community Member
    Options

Using Windows 8 running Chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 m (stable) with the 1password version 3.9.19.90 and the plugin constantly crashes, and requires me to restart it in the extensions section within Chrome.

This all started happening after I upgraded my Mac to 1password 4.x - before that both were rock solid.

I use 1password at home on the Mac, and at work on the PC, and followed the current setup to prevent Chrome from syncing extensions.

Nevertheless, the extension crashes multiple times an hour on the PC. It's become so unusable that I'm looking for other password systems, as this is a critical tool in my daily workflow.

Any help or debug instructions would be helpful.

• galaxie
    galaxie
    Community Member
    Options

I've exactly the same problem. The Google Chrome extension crashes repeatedly and constantly - especially when i change the network (connect to a new WiFi network or open a VPN connection).

My environment:
    Google Chrome 30.0.1599.101 m
    1Password for Windows 1.0.9.338
    Windows 8.1 (with all updates)

• stevemitchell
    stevemitchell
    Community Member
    Options

Any suggestions at all? This is a critical use case for 1password, and it simply is not working after the v4 upgrade.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't yet have Windows 8 set up to do any testing, so this is a little bit of a fishing trip.

Do you have Chrome's extension sync feature enabled? If so, please disable it for extensions; then uninstall the 1Password extensions for Chrome both in Windows and on the Mac, and reinstall the correct one for each platform.

• stevemitchell
    stevemitchell
    Community Member
    Options

DBrown,
    Thanks for not reading my initial post where I clearly stated I already did this, and then taking an entire week to reply. I also filed a support request, but never heard anything back.

As a paying customer for this product, I was pretty disappointed that the focus clearly seems to have changed to Apple devices only, with Windows being orphaned in the middle of an upgrade.

I've moved to a different solution that has better responses, and clearly better roadmaps and focus on ensuring ALL devices work correctly together. No need to investigate my issue anymore. Thanks.

• gsimard
    gsimard
    Community Member
    Options

I see the same issue on Windows 7; very annoying.

Windows: 7
    1password: 1.0.9.338
    Google Chrome: 30.0.1599.101 m
    1Password extension for Chrome: 3.9.19.90

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

stevemitchell, we're truly sorry for the delay. In fact, I've just joined the team to try to get the backlog down and focus on helping 1Password for Windows users like you. That said, because I'm unable to reproduce the problem (using exactly the configuration cited by gsimard, above) I'm not sure what else to recommend—the sync'ing has to be disabled on both ends, and it seemed worth a try.

I'm also sorry that I don't have anything more helpful to offer at this time. Please know that this problem should "disappear" as soon as version 4 of 1Password for Windows is available, and we're working around the clock to make that happen.

• blquest
    blquest
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I've tried all suggested solutions including reinstalling all chrome extensions, removing 1Pass from my startup applications with no avail.

I am using Chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 m on a PC (windows 7)

Please let me know how I can send a diagnostic report to you for PC. thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hi @blquest, I moved your comment from: Crash in Chrome: "Click this balloon to reload the extension" into an already existing thread that deals directly with Windows.

Please ensure that you have extension sync disabled in Chrome if you have 1Password 4 for Mac installed on another machine.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If Megan's suggestion doesn't resolve the issue, @blquest, you can send a diagnostics report from the Help menu in 1Password for Windows.

In the e-mail message, please include a link to this forum thread, so we can "connect the dots." Thanks!

• gsimard
    gsimard
    Community Member
    Options

Any update?
    What can I do to help. I rely on 1P for managing my identited and numerous loggins. Works fine at home (Mac) and on the go (iPhone/iPad) but not at work (Windows).

Thanks,

Guy

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're having trouble reproducing the problem dependably and seeing the logs even when it occurs. Please know that we're trig to figure out what's going wrong and will get a resolution out there as soon as possible. In the meantime, you might consider using a different browser.

I wish I had a more encouraging answer or more helpful suggestion. Thanks for your patience!

• goosie74
    goosie74
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here .. sometimes i have to activate 1password in chrome browser.. some solution? Version 3.9.19.90

best regards, Goosie

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not yet, I'm sorry to say, @goosie74. :(

This discussion has been closed.