Cannot get 1P to work on iPhone
I have complained about the difficulties I have with the 1P app on iOS several times. Most of the time I cannot use if and just give up. This is crazy. It should be able to work.
Here is what I went through today, when I wanted to use 1P to login to an app:
- Go to the app.
- Get the login screen
- click in the Username field
- iOS prompt with "Password".
- I click on Password
- It asks if I want 1Password or keychain.
- I chose 1Password.
- It wants my master password. It won't accept Touch ID.
- I remember that it works better to not try to login to an app first, but to first login to 1Password. I was given that advice in this forum.
- I leave the app, and login to 1Password. Again, it wants my master password.
- I login with my master password. So far so good.
- I go back to the other app and try to login by tapping in the Username field.
- It prompts me with "Passwords" again.
- If again offers the choice keychain or 1P. I choose 1P.
- 1P still wants my master password.
- I give it my master password.
- It shows "vaults".
- I click "Cancel".
- I try again at step 12.
- It still wants my master password. I start again.
- At "Vaults" instead of "Cancel" I click on my back arrow to Vaults.
- It says I have no passwords. That is, it is as though I have a completely empty vault.
I have done this many times, and normally give up at this point. My conclusions:
- It wants Master Password on every use.
- It has worked in the past. I have used 1P probably since 2009 very heavily on my iMacs.
- On iOS, for me It routinely reverts from a condition of working to not-working
- I can login to the 1P app and it does show all my passwords, including the one for the app I was trying to access.
- Most of the time I just have to live with the fact that 1P does not work for me on iOS.
As a final try, I went back to the 1P app and logged in again. It required the Master Password. It shows me all my vault content. I quit 1P and start it again. This time is asks for my Touch ID. And all vault content is present. Thinking that this might mean if I go back to the app it work work. It did get into 1P, but again the vault content was missing. So I cannot login to my app at all, unless I type the difficult password. However it is too difficult to actually type. So I give up again. That password works great on my desktop.
What's wrong with this picture?
1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 15.3.1