Bring back tag collapsing in 1Password8

Options
2»

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

@PRBUK2010

Thank you for your continued advocacy for this feature. I use nested tags a lot myself and I'd love to be able to collapse them too, I'll continue to push for this feature with the team internally.

Which features are implemented (and when) depends on a variety of factors that include: consideration for our existing product roadmap and planned features, available development resources, customer feedback, and more. Our product team considers every request but isn't able to guarantee which requests will be put into development or how quickly they'll be released.

Your feedback is important, please continue speaking up! Feedback like yours helps the team to continually improve 1Password for everyone, here's a peek of some of the work done recently: Autofill, Saving, & Extension Improvements 2024 | 1Password

-Dave

ref: PB-38845801

• JLat
    JLat
    Community Member
    Options

Another upvote for this required feature. As noted earlier in the thread, for large collections of passwords (eg enterprise usage), this feature is almost required. Without it, the default interface for me reads about 400 lines of tag paths - much more unwieldy than it could be.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@JLat

I've passed along your request to the team as well, thank you for the feedback. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-38964685

• 2cents
    2cents
    Community Member
    Options

As a longstanding user of 1Password, I have consistently advocated for its adoption among my clients. Recently, I received approval to migrate an entire department within my organization to 1Password, in anticipation of broader enterprise adoption.

Our transition involved importing data from a directory-based password manager, resulting in nested tags—a feature we appreciate. However, I must emphasize the critical need for collapsible tags within the 1Password interface.

Challenges with Non-Collapsible Tags:

Cumbersome User Experience: The absence of collapsible tags renders the user interface unwieldy when dealing with the number of directories we have.

Orderly Discovery: Our team relies on the directory structure for systematic exploration. Not everyone knows precisely what to search for when locating a password. Many entries lack associated URLs or sufficient descriptions for effective search queries.

The Request: I kindly request that 1Password consider implementing collapsible tags. This seemingly straightforward feature would significantly enhance usability and streamline our workflow.

I distinctly recall having this feature in the past, and I believe its inclusion aligns with 1Password’s commitment to user-centric design.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @2cents, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here! I've filed this with our Product team including all of the details you've provided 😄

ref: PB-39512853