Chrome Classic Extension stopped working

Options
disrael
disrael
Community Member

I'm using 1Password for about a year now. Normally no problems. On my personal macbook and iOS devices, I have no problems. However, due to employer requirements that I don't store passwords in the cloud, I'm using a local vault on my work macbook. I was advised I'd have to use the classic extension here:

https://1password.community/discussion/121939/cant-save-passwords-to-local-vault#latest

Since installing that, it worked without issue until about a week ago. Suddenly, when I enter a webpage and click the 1p button, instead of bring up 1p and letting me select the credentials, it shows a drop-list. Most of the options look like generic extension options, but there is one for "1Password" and one for "1Password extension (desktop app required)". If I click the first, nothing seems to happen. If I click the second, it opens a new tab to 1password.com.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the extension, but no change. The desktop app is running and I can pull the user/password pairs (one by one) from there, but it doesn't autofill the page anymore.

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @disrael! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with the classic extension. A recent version of Chrome introduced a new code signing certificate and as a result of this change, 1Password for Mac versions earlier than 7.9.3 no longer work with Chrome. 1Password for Mac version 7.9.3 has a fix for the code signing certification issue, can you make sure that you've updated to the latest version: How to keep 1Password up to date

Once you've confirmed that you're running 1Password for Mac version 7.9.3 please restart your Mac and then try to use the classic extension again. I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• disrael
    disrael
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. Interesting I had not noticed that on the machine that wasn't working, I was on version 7.9.2, but on the machine that was working, it was 7.9.3. So when I went to the 7.9.2 machine and checked for updates, it couldn't find any. I had to download the installer manually and update it.

I am glad to report that after upgrading and reblooting, it's working as it was before!

Thanks!

• @disrael

I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. 😊

This discussion has been closed.