Unlocking 1Password in Safari opens a new login tab

Options

Using "80700028, on BETA channel". I am using 1Pass with 2 accounts and with app integration enabled in the Safari extension.

Recently when I need to unlock 1Password in Safari, I will be prompted to unlock with my Watch, 1Pass will unlock, and a new tab will open with a 1Password.com login page. Both of my account appear to be unlocked and working when this happens. I can close this tab and continue working without any issues.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.1
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• Hey @greggmc:

Does this happen every time you unlock 1Password in Safari? Additionally, do you have two-factor authentication enabled for your 1Password account? Let me know, and I can dig in further with you.

Jack

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Dug into this a bit more since I posted and I figured out all I have to do is fully quit and re-open Safari. Wait a sec and the 1Password login tab will open. I have two accounts signed in, my personal with 2FA and work with Duo.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey @greggmc:

Thanks for following up. This is something we're investigating, so to know a bit more about what could be going on, I'd like you to collect a console log from 1Password for Safari: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Attach it to an email addressed to support+x@1password.com, and include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/128486/unlocking-1password-in-safari-opens-a-new-login-tab#latest and your username: greggmc, and we'll be able to take a closer look at what could be causing this. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your email to us in our system and connect the dots.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#14190

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    Options

I have done the console log and emailed support+x@, but no support ID reply yet.

• Hey @greggmc:

I was able to locate your email, so we'll take a look and be in touch soon. Thanks!

Jack

ref: MTW-27571-886

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member
    Options

This continues to happen. Starting Safari I will get a 1password login tab that pops open. I have 2 accounts that are both logged in and working when this happens.

• @greggmc

Please continue the conversation with my colleagues in email support. It might be a regression and we need to look at this again. By emailing we can gather logs as needed.

Please use support+forum@1password.com instead of the previous address provided. This should get you a reply with a support id. If you prefer the prior address it may just be that the autoresponder will not send you the support id. At any rate your message will get to the correct place.

This discussion has been closed.