Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the team. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#9400
    ref: PB-33370668

• Sankcool
    Sankcool
    Community Member
    Options

I've recently started using Safari more and yeah, this is an insanely ugly icon. it's especially confusing because the icon was great with 1P7

the more I use 1P8 the more it feels like just a massive regression from 1P7 :/

• Thank you for the feedback @Sankcool. I'll pass it along to the team.

• @aiyah

We share the feedback with the team where it is curated. The post serves to shows the individual poster that their input was seen and we've passed along that input to the needed teams.

• zduhac
    zduhac
    Community Member
    Options

I'm guessing this won't change any time soon. They probably want the icon to stick our like a sore thumb because that means more engagement and interaction than if it were to simply blend in.

Even so, the current icon is horrendous and it would be really nice if this one simple change would happen. That would prove that a company is listening to their users which doesn't seem to be the case.

I do not see any "wow look how beautiful this icon is in Safari" posts. At least make the ugly one the default with an option to change it in Settings.

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member
    Options

No guys, I think it's in AgileBits' best interest to ignore all user feedback and continue making 1Password 8 the worst version of 1Password! /s

Or maybe they could listen to user feedback and make 1Password 8 almost as good as 1Password 7?

I agree that the current Safari icon is out-of-place, ugly, and against Apple's guidelines. Please revert to the 1Password 7 icon, which was perfect!

• ianto
    ianto
    Community Member
    Options

Just a +1 from me here.

This change literally takes 5 minutes to make, yet is ignored for months. Attention to detail matters, especially if it's so aggravating to design-conscious customers. Please prove us wrong that Safari has not been forgotten.

• jirsbek
    jirsbek
    Community Member
    Options

โž•1๏ธโƒฃ ๐Ÿ™

• jmanes
    jmanes
    Community Member
    Options

Santa, please bring me a nice new icon for 1Password in Safari. ๐ŸŽ„

• Thanks folks. I've made sure the team knows this is something you'd like to see happen.

• sybiload
    sybiload
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, same here, this is an ugly icon that does not fit in the safari design guidelines. Would love to see a more streamlined icon...

• Hey @sybiload,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it on to the team.

ref: PB37778476

• sybiload
    sybiload
    Community Member
    edited February 24
    Options

Guys seriously, the team behind Kagi just solved the exact same issue in 10 days with a smaller team, a smaller budget and a smaller user base. While we've been waiting for the same for 2 years here.

I don't know what's this forum is really here for. It's kinda embarrassing now...

https://kagifeedback.org/d/3205-safari-streamlined-icon

• jmanes
    jmanes
    Community Member
    Options

I've hidden the icon from Safari entirely because it looks so out of place. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Thank you both for championing this feature. Since I use 1Password frequently, I personally like the look of the icon, as it makes 1Password easy to locate among my other extensions. Additionally, I'm someone who tends to switch between browsers, so I find the visual consistency of the icon helpful when using 1Password in the browser across different browsers.

Having said that, I can understand the appeal of having the icon match your other extension icons in Safari for a consistent and clean look. This remains an open item in our team's backlog and I've made sure that all your feedback has been heard by the team.

-David

• jmanes
    jmanes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for confirmation about this being on the backlog, David! I think having this be an option for the Safari extension is a good compromise. I think for many of us complaining about this (admittedly small) issue, we just want 1Password to blend in, be a good citizen, and provide our passwords when asked without trying to draw attention to itself.

• EvonG1P
    Options

On behalf of David, you're welcome @jmanes.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

-Evon

• joshuakaufman
    joshuakaufman
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password Safari toolbar icon doesn't align with the style of other toolbar icons because it doesn't use an outline icon. However, looks okay in light mode because of its light background. However, it looks terrible in dark mode, as if this wasn't ever considered. Could we please get an outline icon for 1Password that matches the macOS Safari toolbar style?

1Password Version: 8.10.28
    Extension Version: 2.21
    OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
    Browser: Safari

• joshuakaufman
    joshuakaufman
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this request. Current toolbar icon look ๐Ÿคฎ in dark mode.

• joshuakaufman
    joshuakaufman
    Community Member
    Options
  • TimG1P
    Options

Hi @joshuakaufman

I've gone ahead and merged your thread with this one to keep the conversation in the same place.

Your feedback is appreciated and has been shared with the team. Although I can't make any promises, this will be seen by the team and taken into consideration.

ref: dev/core/core#15064