Mass Password Change

Options

A good number of my login entries are for internal corporate resources. So a gob of different urls with the same username and password. Every 120 days, I have to change my password.

How can I find all login entries that contain either a specific username and/or password and change them to my new password?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I would create a Smart Folder with the search criteria of "Password is [the password you need to change]" and "Kind is Login".

Then just go through the items in that folder until it is empty.

"Linked accounts" (or having multiple URLs for a single Login item) are available in 1Password 4. 1Password 4 is only available on iOS so far, but the Mac version will also support this when it is released. It may make the above Smart Folder a thing of the past.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• boogybren
    boogybren
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Khad!

It would be REDICULOUSLY awesome if after we created this smart folder, we could just ⌘-A, then right click our selection and "...update password". That way we can kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

Perhaps this will be moot when v4 is released.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I agree. Mass editing would be really nice. I'll make sure the devs get your vote for it. They already have mine. :)

In this specific case, though, I think you are right. Linked accounts make it unnecessary in 1Password 4.

But it could still come in handy in other ways.

This discussion has been closed.