No IE browser extension when launched from Mac on Parallels

Options
mwilgar
mwilgar
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm running a Mac (OS X 10.8.3) with Parallels (Windows 7) and have 1Password on "both" machines. Browser extensions are installed on all browsers, on both OS's, with one strange exception.

If I open IE 9 from the Windows start in Parallels, IE has the browser extension (I had to add the button to the toolbar myself, but now it's there & works)

When I'm using Safari on the Mac, and use the "Open current page in Internet Explorer" button to launch IE, the browser extension is not there, and I can't add the 1Password button to the toolbar. Since I can't explicitly install the browser extension in IE, I'm not sure how to fix this.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's very strange. Are you loading a different version of IE when you use that link or perhaps loading a different VM entirely? Once IE has opened, try opening 1Password in that same VM session and install the extension. If it's a different VM or instance of IE then installing it there should do the trick. I'll do some testing of my own to see it's something I can reproduce on my own machine. Please let me know how it goes.

• mwilgar
    mwilgar
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not loading a different version if IE (I only have IE 9 installed) and I only have 1 windows VM. I've discovered some more...

Whenever I attempt to use the "Open current page in Internet Explorer" button to launch IE, the 1Password extension is not only removed from the toolbar, but it seems to be removed from IE entirely, meaning I can't just go back and edit the toolbar and put it there (1Password is not in the list of commands for the toolbar.)

There's more...
    I then need to open the Windows version of 1P, Prefs, Browsers, and uncheck the IE extension, close, reopen, prefs, browsers, check the IE extension. Still is not available in the toolbar command list, until I close IE, and start it again from the Start button.

So, it works fine if I always launch from the Start button (after getting it to work in the first place), but if I ever launch from Safari, it seems to get uninstalled.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Options

I don't understand how this would be possible. To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report?

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password for Windows. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.