1Password.com Error Showing Attachments on Web "This item has an unsupported field"

wavesoundwavesound
Community Member

I just noticed that Attachments don't show up on 1Password.com. Instead they show up as "unsupported fields."

I'd share a screenshot but they are blocked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_maxag_max

Team Member

Hi @wavesound,

Thanks for taking the time to share this. The behavior you're seeing is intended as 1Password.com does not currently support file attachments, only the 1Password apps and extension allow you to view this information.

Our development team has expressed interest in adding this functionality to the web interface, though I don't have any release timeline or news to share beyond that. If you're finding yourself needing to download this information in your browser, making use of the 1Password extension can help.

• christiaanbchristiaanb
    Community Member

@ag_max but 1Password.com does support file attachments as long as you upload as a Document rather than attaching them to, say, a Secure Note, right? At least that's what I'm seeing

• Scott.S_1PScott.S_1P

Team Member

Hi @christiaanb

You are correct. I've just double checked and am seeing the same behavior on my end. If you make a Document and attach a file, it shows up correctly. If it's a file attachment on on another type of item it still needs to be viewed through one of the 1Password apps or browser extension.

• chris55chris55
    Community Member

I’ve just come across this. The web app definitely needs some love.

• ag_maxag_max

Team Member

Thanks for sharing your input, @chris55. I've updated our internal issue so we can keep tracking interest.

ref: dev/b5/b5#14132

• chris55chris55
    Community Member

@ag_max thank you.

I also mean as a whole. I know this is vague, but lots of the menus are very unintuitive. I had to go to support articles to find how to add a guest the other day, as one example. I’m glad I don’t have to rely on the web app.

It needs an update, a stroke of the 1Password 8 brush would be great.

• ag_maxag_max

Team Member

@chris55,

It needs an update, a stroke of the 1Password 8 brush would be great.

Absolutely. The newer 1Password 8 apps (Mac, Windows, Linux) have a very similar, consistent, and modernized user interface. I know that many people (myself included) would like to see some similar improvements in the 1Password.com web interface as well. Hopefully that becomes a reality in the future.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file