Feature Request: Copy without revealing in 1PasswordAnywhere

Options
parekh
parekh
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi, When I'm accessing my 1password from dropbox.com, the only option it gives me is to reveal the password. Is there any way to copy the password without revealing it? Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not at this time, but I'll make sure the developers know you would like to see that in the future. :)

Thank you for letting us know!

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    Options

I just want to add that having a copy button is probably more important than having a reveal button. Because, think about the use case - I'm only opening the dropbox file when I'm on a public computer (otherwise, if I were using my own computer I would just open the 1password app). On a public computer, I think people would much rather just copy the password than reveal it.

Thanks very much for taking this into consideration!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure of the technical limitations in that regard. It may be tricky to load the clipboard via JavaScript. I think that's why it hasn't been implemented. But if it is possible, I'm sure the devs will consider it.

Thanks again!

• bubbanc
    bubbanc
    Community Member
    Options

Adding a "me too" on this one. I use this on the road on my Chromebook and don't want to have to reveal it to copy the text.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for following up on this. I'll be sure to pass your vote along to the devs! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

• wittnl
    wittnl
    Community Member
    Options

This is absolutely possible to implement as any Dev that's used GitHub will know: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/400212/how-to-copy-to-the-clipboard-in-javascript. This feature is critical to anyone doing support with remote screen access including me, please seriously consider implementing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wittnl,

Thanks so much for your feedback here! I'll be sure to add your vote to the feature request :)

This discussion has been closed.