1Password 8

Options
webweasel
webweasel
Community Member

So I gather 1Password 8 for iOS is in beta. When it is released, will my iPhone upgrade automatically or do I have to download it from the app store? I would like to stay on 1Password 7 because I have a perpetual license and use a local vault.

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @webweasel !

v7 and v8 are two different apps, as @rudy mentioned here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/636513/#Comment_636513

So you don't have to install v8 if you don't want to. 👍

• Hi @webweasel:

As @DenalB noted (thanks for the assist! 😎), 1Password 8 for iOS will be a completely separate app in the App Store from 1Password 7.

Jack

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Will there be any prompt to update though from 1p7.

If not how do we update Is it a case of deleting 1p7 app from our devices and installing 1p8 via App Store?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

@telUK
    You are able to install both versions. So you could test if v8 is the one for you. If yes, you could delete v7 then. Otherwise, stay with v7 and delete v8. 😉

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB
    Thanks, good to know.

On deleting one or the other, is there any requirement to log out of the app, is it just a case of deleting straight from the applications menu on iMac that would be ok?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

As I deleted v7, I locked out from the app and deleted it, just the way I delete every other app from my iPhone. 🙂

• webweasel
    webweasel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks All!

• Sounds this is all wrapped up. If you any further questions please ask. I'll move along to another thread 😜. Thanks @DenalB for the assist.

This discussion has been closed.