How Does The iPhone Work With 1Password

Options
crablice
crablice
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

I installed the iPhone IOS version of 1Password. My expectation was that the database of passwords would automatically be interfaced to the iPhone and populate the log in for each app.

Using HBO as an example, that app was logged on but showed a message asking if I wanted to leave the site. Odd. The next site I set up overlayed the HBO site. Another site killed the next site. In all cases I had to key in the email address. After about three more attempts the 1Password app stopped working. Tried a cold restart but it didn't work. Documentation as to what 1Password is supposed to function on the IOS side of things would help.

If anyone has theories about how to reset the 1Password app it might prove to be a fix.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @crablice:

It sounds like you may need to setup AutoFIll for 1Password on your iPhone - here are the steps:

1. On the Home screen of your iPhone, tap on the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

If you have iCloud Keychain selected here, I'd suggest deselecting it so you’ll always know passwords are saved in 1Password, without any confusion.

Once AutoFill is setup, you can fill and save your passwords by following our support guide here: 1Password - Fill, save, and create passwords.

Let me know if that helps or you have any questions along the way! 😊

This discussion has been closed.