HELP! 1P7 App and Mini not accepting my Family password

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Mac

This morning, I just upgraded my iMac from El Capitan (running 1P 6 stand-alone) to High Sierra. After logging in to my Mac (High Sierra), the first thing I did was go to my.1password.com in Chrome. I got in using my Family membership credentials and I can see all our vaults, etc. I went to "Get the App" and selected 1Password for Mac. That installed the 7.9.4 version of the application. Since I had an older subscription, it went into that account automatically. I then clicked on "Get a 1Password Membership..." and indicated I already have a membership. I scanned the secret key barcode and then entered my secret key and got in. But now when I open the app, it only takes my old (subscription) password, not the one for my Family membership account. But when i log in, i see all my Family vaults, and all my passwords are doubled. I see it still shows my "Primary" vault "ON MY MAC". I guess I need to delete that? That must be using my old "Dropbox" vault. Can I just right-click and select "Delete Vault"? I still don't understand why it isn't letting me use the new Family Membership password. Will that be fixed once I delete the Primary vault?

When I click on the Mini icon in the top menu bar, It still only shows me the items in my "Primary" vault. And it also only works with my old password.

Please help. I've been waiting several months to upgrade this older mac to High Sierra so I could start using the Family Account, and get off the old Dropbox stand-alone. Seems like part of it is working.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6

Comments

• Ben
    Options

I guess I need to delete that? That must be using my old "Dropbox" vault. Can I just right-click and select "Delete Vault"? I still don't understand why it isn't letting me use the new Family Membership password. Will that be fixed once I delete the Primary vault?

That's exactly it, yes. 👍️

• From the menu bar, choose Vault > Switch to Vault > Primary.
    • Choose Vault > Delete Vault.

Everything you outlined should be sorted once completed. 😊

Ben

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick! Thanks so much

• @ajahn

On behalf of Ben, I'm happy that everything is working again. 😊

This discussion has been closed.