Unable to add account on android

Options
Hinckleybob
Hinckleybob
Community Member

Followed instructions to scan QR code from the Emergency kit, and entered password. Verified each field, and entered password, Error Invalid Login Information. What can I do to add the device to my account? Thank you, Bob

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:account setup

Comments

• tyler_
    Options

Hey, @Hinckleybob! It sounds like you are following the right steps to add an account. Can you send us a diagnostics report and the steps you are taking so we can take a closer look? Details about sending a diagnostics report on Android can be found at https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android. Please, attach the diagnostics report to an email addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Include the following with your email:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Post that number here so we can find the diagnostic report and review it. Once the diagnostic report is received, we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Hinckleybob
    Hinckleybob
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you tylor_ for the detailed guidance. Unfortunately, when I download 1P (1Password) from the play store and Launch it, the screen presented is a Version 7 dialog box, inviting a selection of storage to use (1p.com, dropbox, WLAN server, or local storage). Choosing 1P.com, the invitation to scan the QR code in the Emergency Kit to capture the existing account details, and manually enter the password. I do not find any opportunity to "Tap Settings > Advanced > “Email diagnostics”." A screenshot appears to be disallowed.

Thanks again,
    Bob

• ag_timothy
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @Hinckleybob thanks for your reply. Can you sign in to your account on the 1Password website? If so, you can try scanning the Setup Code on your profile page (click your name in the sidebar > My Profile) instead of the one saved in your Emergency Kit. After typing in your account password can you sign in?

If there's still a sign in issue you can send us an email so we can help investigate further. Please, send an email addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (no diagnostics report needed). Include the following with your email:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Post that number here so we can find the diagnostic report and review it. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.