Preview Favicons are inconsistent

I don't really understand why so many website logos don't load into my shelf of website logins. And I understand even less why many take on the "ShopWiki.com" favicon totally unrelated to the site URL. I wish I could post a screenshot, but attachments don't seem to be possible.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You can use any image hosting service to link to a screenshot. I recommend Skitch if you don't already have one you use since it is good for annotation as well as image hosting. I'd love to take a look so I can better assist you.

Thanks!

• kabeyun
    kabeyun
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

The issue of inconsistent preview icons seems to keep cropping up (no pun intended). I've updated to 1P4 for iOS and the latest version for Mac (3.8.21). Why do my iOS preview icons look like this:

but on the desktop version the same list looks like this, AFTER "Download Missing Previews":

The 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th are generic on the desktop, and the Amazon icon is an afterthought on the generic. Presumably they're tapping in to the same data sources, so the preview icons should be the same regardless of the platform.

I like my entries to look neat, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of manually creating icons for everything.

(btw, image hosting works, but imo we shouldn't have to resort to that workaround. Not hatin', just sayin'.)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

Its just the Mac App doesn't yet support the new features of 1Password 4 iOS, keep an eye out for it. Beta testing is about to begin for 1Password 4 Mac.

• kabeyun
    kabeyun
    Community Member

I thought site-specific preview icons was already supposed to be a feature of 1P3. Ok, 1P4 it is. Thx.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

I am sorry kabeyun

I mis read your post. Are the actual logins available on the web and not on a local net or anything like that ? Do you have the site addresses set ? Assuming yes on this one ;)

When you try to update do you see the update window in the lower corner of 1Password ?

Do you have anything like little snitch installed ?

• kabeyun
    kabeyun
    Community Member

Not sure what you mean with your first question, but certainly yes to the second. The update window goes through it's process as expected. I DO have LittleSnitch installed (as one should imo!). Temporarily enabled all outgoing traffic, but no dice. Still far more blanks on the desktop version.

I don't think the target websites have much to do with this glitch, since some icons correctly populate in iOS but not the desktop app, and vice versa. (This also leads to the question of why there are ANY blanks!)

I'm also still curious why, in the desktop app, most of the icons that do appear appear correctly, but some, such as Amazon and Netflix, appear as thumbnail tags on generic icons (as above).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

This will be fixed in the future. I'm sorry for the temporary inconvenience.

• kabeyun
    kabeyun
    Community Member

No inconvenience. Thanks for working on it!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.