1Password on Mastodon

Tag list and/or autocomplete suggestions in "Save new item" popup

Please make it easier for me to pick existing tags with this browser popup, ideally with a dropdown list and autocomplete suggestions while I'm typing. It reduces the chance from duplicate tags whether due to typos (wrok vs. work), synonyms (work vs. job), case (Work vs. work), or anything else.
I don't use tags very often, so it's hard for me to remember exactly what tags I've already created, and I inevitably have to edit the new item after creating it just to fix the tags.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Win10

Comments

• paul.m_1ppaul.m_1p

Team Member

Hey @nukmicah! Thanks for the feedback on this. 🙂

Sorry for any inconvenience cause with having to alter your items after saving them. I completely get where you're coming from on this, and agree that this functionality would be quite useful. We already have an internal feature request open that addresses this, so I'll go ahead and add your vote in its support.

Cheers!

• timjotimjo
    Community Member

@paul.m_1p I would appreciate this feature also. It would prevent double handling when I add temporary tag and then use the 1PW8 app to add the correct tag(s) to the item.

• zearPOT12zearPOT12
    Community Member

Hello, I am just adding my .02c to this request. For reference I am running 1Password for Windows 8.9.5. As someone who has many, many different items in 1Password with many different tag structures this would be very helpful. The need for this feature rises especially when you start getting into nested tags for your items. Since there is no auto-complete or checking, the system will create whatever you type in which for me results in the creation of duplicate tags (some even have the same spelling/spacing etc which doesn't make sense). This can be frustrating because there is no way to then right-click a group of items and bulk-edit the tags (which is another feature that would be fantastic) to fix your mistake. If I am creating an item from the browser I will normally just create it without the tags then go into the desktop app and add them later. If I have duplicate tags or nested tags I will normally right-click >> rename tag to something different, then right-click >> rename tag back to the name of the original tag - that seems to wake up the system and it then merges the items under each dupe tag into the same tag group, if that makes sense. Thanks!

• schwanneschwanne
    Community Member

I would like to echo this request. As a recent new user coming from LastPass, the lack of suggestions/autocomplete from existing tags has been one of the more frustrating transitions.

• bartek1passwordbartek1password
    Community Member

Add my vote...I agree with what was said above by others.

• steph.gilessteph.giles

Team Member

Hey @zearPOT12, @schwanne, @bartek1password,

I have added your feedback, thank you!

ref: PB-29889416

• rosey99rosey99
    Community Member
    edited January 23

I came to the forum for this exact reason. Auto-fill or a pickable list of tags would be a huge plus when editing a password or other items via Chrome.

• steph.gilessteph.giles

Team Member

Thank you for your feedback @rosey99, I have passed it on.

ref: PB-30486900

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file