iOS Safari extension repeatedly asking for my secret key

skeo
skeo
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

Seems to happen at random intervals, sometimes once a week or so, sometimes more than once in a day. Just pops up over the top of whatever website I happen to be looking at, seemingly regardless of whether that website even needs a login. How do I stop this!?!

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• skeo
    skeo
    Community Member

• Hello @skeo! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're being prompted to sign in again and again when using 1Password in Safari on your iPhone. Our developers are aware of the issue and are investigating. The issue seems to only affect those users who are using two-factor authentication with their 1Password account, can you confirm whether you have two-factor authentication turned on for your account as well?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

ref: dev/core/core#14190

• skeo
    skeo
    Community Member

Yes I do

• Hi @skeo:

Thanks for confirming. We're continuing to investigate, and I can see that Dave has added you as affected to the issue he referenced. Keep an eye out for updates. In the meantime, disabling two-factor authentication for your 1Password account should improve your state of play, if that's a change you're willing to make: https://support.1password.com/two-factor-authentication/

Jack

This discussion has been closed.