Translations

Options
JuCos
JuCos
Community Member

Hello!
I was wondering if the translation is still open to volunteers (via Crowdin or something).
I'd like to help with the French translation for iOS/iPadOS and macOS versions (and I've read a lot of comments from people interested in other languages).
The macOS version has just been released in RC but there are still a lot of things in English :-/
So if you're looking for new people : don't hesitate ;)

Comments

• Aggie_1P
    Aggie_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JuCos, see my response on the other post 🙂

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

@JuCos are you seeing specific issues in French?? All (available) strings should be localized. Anything missing has either not yet been integrated in the most recent builds, or is not available for localization in Crowdin. Either way, I’d be interested to know what you’ve found.

Corentin

• JuCos
    JuCos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Corentin,
    I was not a member of Crowdin, I didn't know yet that all strings were already translated (but just not yet integrated to the builds) ;)

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Well… @JuCos, the strings are all localized, it doesn’t mean they’re perfect though ;-) Especially since the user interface in Crowdin don’t always give the context or indicate how much space there is in the UI.

They can always use a good proofreading! Let me know if you find anything. Especially anything that looks off in the app itself (I tend to use the app in English myself so it’s a bit of a challenge to find the odd string out there that only shows up on random context and might have issues).

I can correct anything that shows up in French in the app and is off, but anything that still shows up in English is out of my reach :-\
    (not sure what the best option is though. I don’t know whether I receive all notifications for comments in Crowdin or if only 1Password folks do…).

Corentin

• madesco
    madesco
    Community Member
    Options

There are issues with the French translation. One of them is that when 1Password asks for ID on a Mac, it offers « Utiliser le mot de passe du comp » as an option, instead of « Utiliser le mot de passe de l’ordinateur ».

Is there a place for pointing out such errors?

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I recently heard that Crowdin is only used for 1Password up to version 7 and that a new platform is used for v8 — I was just never told about it…
    I haven't (yet) been invited tot he new platform so I can't say a thing about what goes on there.
    All I can say @madesco is that I don't see that string in the localizations in v7.
    My guess is that they chose "Utiliser le mot de passe du compte", but the UI hasn't been adapted for the length of the string and got cropped.

Hopefully, one of the 1Password folks will read this thread and report back to whoever is in charge.

This discussion has been closed.