Why is there no "Type in window" feature for Passwords and Usernames in the new 1Password 8 Update?

PhilAUTPhilAUT
Community Member

Hello,
I updated my 1Password to 8.7.0-90. In the new looking UI is no option for "type in window".
I unfortunately used that feature very often, and would appreciate it being added.
Thanks,_ and greeting from Austria_

1Password Version: 8.7.0-90
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2

Comments

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Hello @PhilAUT, thank you for this suggestion. πŸ‘‹

We're aware this is a popularly-requested feature and are looking into what we can do. And we appreciate you letting us know that this is a priority for you!

Thanks again for the request, and we'll keep improving your usability experience wherever we can. πŸ‘

• edikschneideredikschneider
    Community Member

This is so Important. I need this feature for support sessions in TeamViewer or Hyper-V RDP.
    Please bring it back.

• ali.hazimeali.hazime

Team Member

Hey @edikschneider, thanks for sharing your use case. I can certainly understand how this feature can affect your workflow.

I'll be sure to add your voice to an internal feature request we have open for this. Thanks again!

Ali

IDEA-I-193

• kapsiRkapsiR
    Community Member

I'd love to see this too.
    We use a lot of different applications and a lot of RDP connections where we would use that!

I was used to do this with KeePass Auto-Type, this feature is great: https://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Thank you, @kapsiR. We have submitted a vote on your behalf! πŸ‘

• paullopezpaullopez
    Community Member

Would be really useful to have this also as an option for when filling in a websites password to force the browser to 'type' the password instead of setting the field. This would fix a few sites that require you to physically type something into the box or sites that capture the keystroke and encode it into the password field. A simple "type this" checkbox option on the password would be awesome.

• MrCMrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Those sites are most annoying, aren’t they @paullopez !?

• paullopezpaullopez
    Community Member

Would be really useful to have this also as an option for when filling in a websites password to force the browser to 'type' the password instead of setting the field. This would fix a few sites that require you to physically type something into the box or sites that capture the keystroke and encode it into the password field. A simple "type this" checkbox option on the password would be awesome.

• ali.hazimeali.hazime

Team Member

Hey @paullopez, I've added your comment to the internal feature request. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion!

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-193

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file