Watchtower should suppress alerts for archived items

Options
burrelld
burrelld
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Lounge

At some point in the past, a popular forum had a data leak, this leak is reported in the 'Breach Report' in watchtower, however that forum no longer exists. For me this is a common case, where the leak is from a now defunct website.

I tried working around this by creating an 'item' for that site as suggested and setting a dummy password, and this worked.
I then archived the login item, but as a result the watchtower alert came back. In my view this should not happen, the watchtower alert should remain suppressed as there is an entry in the archive which has a creation dated after the leak occurred, so this should not appear in watchtower.

Watchtower becomes less useful when its alerts become noisy or unreliable as I have to remind myself months later "did I deal with that?" or "Oh yes just ignore that". It would be good if watchtower could pay attention to archived logins, or if there was a way to 'acknowledge' watchtower alerts and mark them as 'done'. My watchtower list is long enough to accidentally miss new entries for all the noise in there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.