1p v8 on Mac fingerprint is not default

Options
btmurrell
btmurrell
Community Member

When it is time for me to authenticate my 1password v8 on the mac, there is a change in behavior from 1p v7. The default state of the v8 app is to type in your master password. I have mine set up for fingerprint, so the fingerprint dialog should be the thing that pops up (like it did in v7). Instead, I need to click on the red fingerprint icon. This is an unneccessary, annoying extra click.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.7.0 80700049, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7

Comments

• @btmurrell

That should be happening now. Try quitting 1Password completely and the starting 1Password again.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.
  • vstrom650
    vstrom650
    Community Member
    Options

Similar for me. The small pop-up where I can choose between Touch-ID and password appears, but it's not activated by default. I have to activate it first by mouse click, then Touch- ID is possible.

• @vstrom650

In the past with v7 this was almost always an app stealing focus. When 1Password opens have you clicked anywhere else? Is another app on another monitor frontmost?

• vstrom650
    vstrom650
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

The behavior is reproducible: Only one monitor, no other program open. After starting 1Password via the dock, no window is activated, neither the main program, nor the small pop-up with the selection of the login type.

If you do nothing, the pop-up closes automatically after about 10 seconds and the main program window is activated. But even then, the password entry is active by default, not the one via Touch ID stored in the settings.

• btmurrell
    btmurrell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_tommy -- i confirm that it works now after the restart you recommended. 👍🏽

• rob
    Options

@btmurrell on behalf of Tommy, glad to hear it!

@vstrom650 are you by chance using the app in full screen mode? I've seen this happen there, but not otherwise.

• vstrom650
    vstrom650
    Community Member
    Options

@rob thank you. Yes, I can confirm. Start in full screen mode: No focus. Start in windows mode: Focus on pop-up and Touch-ID is possible without extra klick.

• rob
    Options

Thanks, @vstrom650! I've recorded that internally for us to look into further.

ref: dev/core/core#14990

This discussion has been closed.