Never-ending sync on 1P 3.9.6 on MBP

Hi there - first post.

1P3.9.6 on OS X 10.8.3

When I try to log into sites from the 1P Safari browser icon 1P starts syncing and then never stops. :-)

Dropbox is enabled and, according to the Preference info in the app, is in the right place:

Users >myname>Dropbox>1Password>1Password.agilekeychain

Can you help?

Many thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion, @rzme01. The "syncing" message you see in the Safari extension has nothing to do with Dropbox syncing. It is an error that can occur even if you are not syncing your data file via Dropbox. The message indicates that the 1Password Helper cannot connect to the sandboxed browser extension.

Can you open Activity Monitor (found in /Applications/Utilities) and tell me what you see if you search for 1Password? You might see "1PasswordAgent", "1Password Helper", "1Password", or any combination of those three. Please let me know.

• rzme01
    rzme01
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

Hi khad

Thank you for the quick response. 1Password Helper is shown in the activity monitor. Is there anything I can do to put the sand back in my box?

I tried running the troubleshooting app in anticipation the output might be useful but it doesn't seem to generate any output.

cheers

ross

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hehe. I don't think it's the sand that is the problem. Try this:

1. Select Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar in 1Password. If that doesn't help…
    2. Remove the 1Password extension from Safari then reinstall it.

If you are still having trouble, can you let me know if you are behind a proxy server or software firewall? If you are at work at aren't sure, you may need to check with your network administrator.

• rzme01
    rzme01
    Community Member

Hi khad

Performed steps 1 and 2 above. The 'sync' issue cleared up but couldn't generate the diagnostic report so I downloaded the 1P diagnostics and produced it that way. The word "ERROR" occurs a lot - shall I submit the report? I fear I have messed things up!

cheers

Ross

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The errors you are seeing are probably log entries from before you resolved the problem. Check the time stamps on them. I wouldn't worry about it unless something isn't working presently.

Everything is working well now, right? :)

• rzme01
    rzme01
    Community Member

That's the kind of answer I like! Thanks a lot khad - much appreciated.

All the best

Ross

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is my pleasure to help. Please let me know if you ever have any other trouble at all!

Enjoy the rest of your week. :)

This discussion has been closed.