How do I disable form autosubmit?

1235»

Comments

• theamaz1ngyen
    theamaz1ngyen
    Community Member

I was searching how to disable auto-submit because -- beyond just being annoying and often actively breaking my logins -- it breaks another application I use for work

Shocked at the state of this thread. How is it a) not already an option, or b) already been fixed? Isn't the (fairly expensive!) paid service o 1Password supposed to make logging in... um... easier?

• big77
    big77
    Community Member

I agree, it's a stunning disregard for best security practices as well clearly not caring about our feedback. Simply amazing. Glad I'm in free trial mode, moving back to standalone 1PW 7 while I investigate other options.

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2022

Hi folks, thank you for these questions and your feedback here. We now have an option to disable auto-submit in Quick Access in the latest Nightly build of 1Password. If you're currently on the Nightly update channel (or open to switching), you can try it now.

1. Unlock 1Password
    2. In your menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences
    3. Under General, de-select autosubmit forms after filling with Quick Access

If you give it a try, we'd love to have your feedback on how this works for you, or if you see any areas of potential improvement. Thank you again for providing us key feedback on this aspect of the app, and we look forward to hearing from you!

• BobW
    BobW
    Community Member

Hmm, I can't seem to get there. I'm presently on build 80908001 from the beta channel. I switched the release channel to Nightly in the Advanced pane, but the Check for Updates feature isn't seeing anything newer even after an app restart. What am I missing?

• Hi @BobW,

You'll get these changes once the next nightly build is released, here's a great explanation from my colleague Mike about how these release channels work if you're curious: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/642608/#Comment_642608

If this isn't the case after a day, let us know and we can certainly look into it. Appreciate you wanting to try out this new option and looking forward to your feedback! 🙂

• mixture
    mixture
    Community Member

How long does it usually take for a nightly build to go through to beta and then to stable? I'm keen to stay on the stable if it's not too long a wait anymore...

• @mixture

The ability to disable autosubmit has now made it into the latest beta version of 1Password 8 for Mac:

• You can now turn off automatic form submission after filling with Universal Autofill (Preferences > General > Turn off “Autosubmit forms after filling with Quick Access”) .

If testing continues to go well then we hope to include it in a stable update as soon as we can but I don't have an ETA.

-Dave

• BobW
    BobW
    Community Member

Been using the disabled autosubmit feature since it was added to the nightlies. It's working great! It's been a huge relief of stress every time I do an autofill - like coming home after one of your worst days ever at work and lounging back with your favorite cold beverage. Sure, I occasionally wish I could turn it on for specific sites or apps for those cases where it fits the bill and works well, but in an all or nothing scenario, I far, far, far, far prefer the nothing choice.

I still can't believe the decision on this was reversed from a few years ago, but at least we've been given a bit of a bone now.

• Thanks for your kind words, @BobW, I'm glad to hear disabling autosubmit has been working well for you! We've received some other about preferring a per-item option instead of a global toggle so I'll add your voice to that.

Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-2274

• doubleforte
    doubleforte
    Community Member

Thank you for adding this back in! I had previously reverted to 1P7 because this was too disruptive to my workflow, but now I'm back on 1P8 (beta, anyway).

• I'm so happy to hear that, @doubleforte! 🎉

If you're interested, there are some spots in the community specifically for beta feedback: Desktop betas (Mac, Windows, and Linux) — 1Password Support Community

Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

• c224
    c224
    Community Member

Today is a better day. It only took 7 months, but we can now disable AutoFill in 1Password 8!

https://releases.1password.com/mac/8.9/#1password-for-mac-8.9.10

• Appreciate you sharing this has made it to production, @c224!

For anyone who hasn't already, you can adjust this option in 1Password > Settings > scroll to the bottom of the General section and uncheck this box:

As always, let us know if you have any feedback. 🙂

• natevancouver
    natevancouver
    Community Member

Thank you, 1Password team. As the OP this is exactly what I was looking for and I consider this issue solved.

• I'm happy to hear that, @natevancouver!

In case it's helpful, you can also adjust your notification settings here on the forum: https://1password.community/profile/preferences/

A post with some more details if you're curious: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/323340/#Comment_323340

😊

This discussion has been closed.