Custom icons for Collections

jackbrewster
jackbrewster
Community Member

Is there a way to assign a custom icon to a collection? I have different collections depending on which computer I'm on (work vs home, etc.).

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @jackbrewster:

There isn't currently a way of setting a custom icon for a collection, but I can definitely see how it would be handy, so I'll share your feedback internally. While I can't promise anything, we use feedback like yours to help inform the future of 1Password.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-114

• sainsworth
    sainsworth
    Community Member

I second this feedback. Since 1Password 8 seems to have replace all vaults with collections (a much needed generalization btw-kudos!), the first thing I wanted to do was set my new All collection to use the 1Password 7 all icon. Tx

• Thanks for your kind words, @sainsworth. While I don't have any updates to share at the moment, I have added a vote on your behalf to our internal tracker for this feature. 👍🏻

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Is this still not possible?

I created a collection for my family, but 1Password at random chooses the icon from (the vault of) one of my family members.

This is so confusing...

• Hi @XIII 👋🏻

The current behaviour for collection icons is that they stack the icons of the vaults of which they're made. The order will follow the order of your vaults, which is currently Private first and then alphabetical. If you're using multiple accounts, the account you logged in to first will be on top of any added after. I recognize this isn't the same as being able to add or choose a custom icon for a collection though and would also welcome this feature.

I've added you to the internal tracker mentioned earlier, let me know if you have any questions!

• I was going to add myself only to find I'm already part of that request. Oh, well. Here's to being able to change them.

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member

I want to add my vote to being able to customize collection icons. Picking up the vault icon of the first vault in the collection breaks down when you have more than one collection with that same first vault. Now two collections appear to have the same icon. This makes it harder to see what collection to use. Custom icons for collections, while not critical, would be a great usabilty, not just personalization, feature.

• Hi @alexclst,

Thanks for your input about this, I agree! I'll record your thoughts for our Product team to explore, let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. 😊

ref: PB-30825553

This discussion has been closed.