Firefox extension does not access entries in desktop 1Password 7.app

Options
JDLH
JDLH
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

I am migrating to a new mac, an M1 Macbook Pro running macOS Monterey 12.3.1 and Firefox 100.0. I installed 1Password 7.app [Version 7.9.4 (70904001) 1Password Store], restored my password entries from the old machine via a 1Password backup and restore, and logged in to the 1Password.ca account by which I pay for use of 1Password. Then I installed the Firefox extension "1Password v 2.3.3", and connected it to the same 1Password.ca account.

Now, when I attempt to log in to a website in Firefox, there is a 1Password logo which appears to be offering to help me log in. However, none of the password entries from the 1Password 7.app are visible in the Firefox extension. Since I have zero passwords in the my.1password.ca account, the FIrefox extension offers zero passwords also. Yes, the extension has "Integrate with 1Password app" turned on.

On my old machine, I had a Firefox extension "1Password extension (desktop app required)", version 4.7.5.90, updated 2019-06-26. This extension is able to see all the passwords in my local vaults.

Should the Firefox extension "1Password v 2.3.3" be able to see the passwords in my local vaults? I sure hope that support was not cut out as part of deprecating local vaults in 1Password 8.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Comments

• JDLH
    JDLH
    Community Member
    Options

I submitted a diagnostics report, and received back support ID [#KRF-97773-235] . I hope this is helpful.

Thank you in advance.

• JDLH
    JDLH
    Community Member
    Options

I managed a workaround. I copied the old Firefox extension to my new Firefox app on my new computer. It seems to work. It can see the password entries in my local copy of 1Password 7.

I found the old extension in /extensions/onepassword4@agilebits.com.xpi . I copied it to my local disk on the new computer. I then installed it using Firefox's "Install Add-ons from File…" menu item.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @JDLH! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with 1Password in Firefox. I see that you're already discussing the issue with my colleague over email so I'll close this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

ref: KRF-97773-235

This discussion has been closed.