The old password in Mozilla.

Options
tiguan
tiguan
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Help with a plug-in for Mozilla Firefox.
I use a new plug-in for FireFox.
I changed the master password in 1Password for the new.
All browsers will be unblocked at input of the "new master password", and FireFox will be unblocked only at input "old master password".
It is a problem is available on MacOsX 10.6.8 and Windows 7 on the last MozillaFirefox browsers.
What it is possible to make with it?

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tiguan,

Make sure your data is in the main 1Password app before doing anything. If yes, proceed with clearing the 1Password extension database file in Firefox's folder. Here are two articles that'll explain how to do this based on the OS you're using: Mac and Windows.

Hope that helps.

• tiguan
    tiguan
    Community Member
    Options

Mike T - many thanks for the help.
    With Firefox under Windows everything turned out in one contact.
    With Firefox under MacOSx it didn't turn out. After actions described above the Plug-in couldn't connect. Decided only after Firefox profile dumping the link I took from here http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tiguan,

Just to be clear, were you able to find the .sqlite file on the Mac? If yes, the inability to connect to the extension may be something else.

I apologize but I didn't understand what happened after you changed the Firefox Profile, it's all working fine now?

• tiguan
    tiguan
    Community Member
    edited May 2013
    Options

Before the Mozilla FireFox updating everything worked. After browser and change updating the "master password" on the program occurred the situation described by me.
    According to your advice I removed the .sqlite file and the plug-in couldn't connect to the program. The carried-out actions on profile replacement in FireFox completely restored working capacity. Now the plug-in connects to the program without problems.

p.s.
    I want to explain.
    I at the same time use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Thus I use 1 password on several platforms: MacOSx, Windows 7, Android. The problem appeared only on Mozilla Firefox and only after own Mozilla updating.

1Password worked before very steadily.

• tiguan
    tiguan
    Community Member
    Options

I will paint on stages.
    1 . Mozilla firefox is updated by own updating about 1 a week ago.
    2 . I change the main password on the 1password. Before within a year the password didn't change.
    3 . The 1password and Google Chrome work correctly. FireFox opens the program only after input of the old password.
    4 . I replace plug-ins with the new. I look for a problem in settings and I don't find it.
    5 . I ask a question at a forum.
    6 . Successfully I correct a situation with FireFox under Windows.
    7 . Under MacOSx it is impossible. The plug-in completely loses touch with the program.
    8 . I try to find a solution and I find council about replacement/removal of a profile in FireFox.
    9 . I replace a profile.
    10. The plug-in connected to the program and began to work.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tiguan,

That's great, I'm glad you fixed it. It sounds like there was a configuration issue in the old Firefox profile that didn't let 1Password connect properly to the 1Password Helper, so it could sync.

If we could be of further assistance, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.