Backup 1Password 8 vaults?

Options
2»

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited March 2023
    Options

@harish

Thank you again for the feedback. I understand your concerns and I've passed along your comments and suggestions to our product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-31510515

• bartalex
    bartalex
    Community Member
    Options

If backups are really missing in 1Password 8, then this feature is really important.

I had a bug (in my opinion) a few days ago in 1Password 7, that caused a deletion of 300-500 important passwords. The deletion was then sycned to all my devices.

Problem was, that somehow my backups in 1Password did not contain all passwords (currently, I'm writing with the support regarding the topic).

And even though you can argue with "there are confirmation popups and permissions everywhere", you can never exclude people trying things to fast and deleting passwords by accident. Especially in today's hectic times...

I needed over 4 hours to find them in my Backblaze backup (I was so happy) and to restore them somehow. Luckily, I'm a developer and I had experience with the data structure for apps.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@bartalex

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I see that you're currently discussing things with my colleagues over email, since they'll have more insight into your situation I recommend that you continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: QHS-19363-959

This discussion has been closed.