1 Password 7 LaunchBar 3rd party integration problem

Options
emyr
emyr
Community Member

I keep getting a 3rd party integration warning from LaunchBar since upgrading to 1Password 8.
When I try to re-enable the 3rd party integration I can't actually find it in the advanced section of 1Password Preferences.
I've looked through all the Preferences, thinking it might have moved but I can see no sign of the setting.
Any ideas or is it integration that has to re-built-in to 1Password 8 at a later date.
Thanks,
Emyr

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3 (Safari)
OS Version: MacOS 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password 7 LaunchBar 3rd party integration problem

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @emyr! πŸ‘‹

Our founder Dave wrote about the exciting new opportunities for third-party integrations with 1Password 8 here: Early access and Alfred / Spotlight / LaunchBar (3rd party search integration) - Page 4 β€” 1Password Support Community

I suggest reaching out to the developer of LaunchBar to let them know that integration with 1Password 8 is something that you'd like to see.

I hope that helps. 😊

• emyr
    emyr
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Dave,

I’ll do that.

I’m therefore assuming that the ground-up rebuild of 1Password 8 means the previous LaunchBar 3rd party integration no longer works?

Emyr

• Dave_1P
    Options

@emyr

Thank you for the reply. That's correct, 1Password 8 doesn't include an integration with LaunchBar and to prevent the error that you mentioned above from occurring you'll need to disable 1Password integration in LaunchBar's preferences.

I hope that helps. πŸ™‚

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Excuse me? Is this 1pw?
    1) The dialogue box clearly says,"Enable 3rd party app integrations" option must be turned on in 1Password Preferences > Advanced.
    It even offers to open 1password. There is no such option in the indicated location!.
    2) I have to come to the forum and dig carefully to find that this is a function that Launchbar, in my case, has to develop.
    3) Here you say I have to disable 3rd party app integration in Launchbar. I cannot find such an option in LaunchBar's preference. I have the latest version of Launchbar
    How do I get rid of the dialogue box?

Maybe I should downgrade to 1pw 7, (how do I do that?). Or find an alternative password manager to a product I have used and liked since its early days?

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

@tommy

I'm sorry for the confusion. That message that you're seeing is coming from LaunchBar and not 1Password. LaunchBar is an app developed by another company and it includes an optional integration with 1Password 7. 1Password 8 no longer supports this integration so you'll need to disable the integration from inside of the LaunchBar app in order to stop receiving the dialog box that you're seeing.

I've never used LaunchBar myself so I'm not sure where the setting might be, I recommend reaching out to LaunchBar's support team so that they can assist.

-Dave

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Oh!! Thank you @Dave_1P .
    Launchbar doesn't make it easy, it sure creates confusion.
    Why would they open 1password preferences?
    I'll contact them

• Hi @tommy:

Thanks for following up on this. Were you able to get the 1Password integration disabled in LaunchBar?

Jack

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

No, not yet @Jack.P_1P . I am corresponding with LaunchBar.
    It is troubling that there is no way to tell that dialogue box is not from 1Password. It even invites to open, and the 1pw preference pane/

• ag_tommy
    Options

I'm glad to hear you're talking with the Launchbar folks. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• NorbertR
    NorbertR
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Since I have the same problem as well I also made a support request at Objective Development to have this LaunchBar issue resolved.

I am also having this annoying error message after every restart of my Mac since I upgraded to 1Password 8.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@NorbertR

The message in your screenshot is being generated by LaunchBar and not 1Password. I hope that the LaunchBar developers are able to help you turn off 1Password integration from inside the LaunchBar app. Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

• NorbertR
    NorbertR
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    I am fully aware that this message is caused by LaunchBar and contacted its developers (Objective Development) already. If they provide a solution I will report back here.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@NorbertR

Thank you, I hope that the LaunchBar developers can help resolve the issue. πŸ™‚

• NorbertR
    NorbertR
    Community Member
    Options

They actually did. πŸ™‚

You need to remove 1Password objects from the LaunchBar index; alternatively deactivating of an 1Password third party object seems to work for me as well. See Screenshot below. Right-click the 1Password third party object and choose "deacticvate". In my case the nagging error message seems to be done with this.

• Ben
    Options

Ideally in the future LaunchBar will support our new approach to 3rd party apps pulling data from 1Password 🀞, but that does seem to be the best solution for the moment. Thanks for sharing, @NorbertR.

Ben

• NorbertR
    NorbertR
    Community Member
    Options

I am happy to help! 😊

How about 1Password folks getting in Touch with LaunchBar folks to liaise regarding mutual integration? 😼

This discussion has been closed.