To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't log in after upgrading to 1P 8

PaulCG
PaulCG
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Memberships

I have a 1P family subscription. Until today I was using 7. Today I was instructed by support (Nhat) to upgrade to 8 after reporting an issue of the 1P extension causing a freeze in Firefox.
On upgrading, I needed to log back in. It doesn't recognise my Master Password. When I try Update Details, I sign in with email, password and my personal Secret Key, but it tells me "We weren't able to sign in to your account".
When I try to log in through the website I get exactly the same. The only account is "[My Name]'s Family". I sign in with email, password and my personal Secret Key, but it tells me "We weren't able to sign in to your account".
I've double-checked the email, and my password. The Secret Key I've tried both putting in manually and cutting and pasting it from the pdf. No good. I haven't got caps lock on.
I've tried setting up the app on my iPhone from the scanned QR code in my Emergency Kit, and it still won't let me log in.
What's wrong?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.3.1

Comments

• PaulCG
    PaulCG
    Community Member

Having just seen this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/129609/upgrade-from-7-to-8-is-hanging#latest
    Not sure if it's relevant, but my installation found a primary vault that needed to be imported. Didn't seem to hang, but perhaps that's got something to do with what went wrong?

• PaulCG
    PaulCG
    Community Member

Also, curious that it's wanting me to sign into "[My name]'s Family" account, not "[My name]'s" account. Are they two different things? If so, it's the first I've heard of it - I have a family subscription with three accounts in it, but I don't think I've ever had a 'Family' account. Perhaps that's why it's not recognising the password and secret key?

• Hi @PaulCG,

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• PaulCG
    PaulCG
    Community Member

All sorted with account recovery via a family organizer.

• Hi @PaulCG:

Great to hear! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.