Unable to install Gold 1Password 8 for Mac After Beta Testing

Options
mcewanbr
mcewanbr
Community Member

I've been a 1Password 8 beta tester. I saw the news that the gold version has been released so I used App Cleaner to remove the beta and when I try to install the final release I get the following error:

Please advise!
Brenden

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @mcewanbr:

Thank you for trying the beta version of 1Password 8 for Mac. This issue can occur if you've used the nightly version of 1Password 8 and then tried to switch to the beta or production version. The nightly version uses an updated database format that isn't yet compatible with the beta or production version. The following steps will reset 1Password 8's data on your Mac so that 1Password 8 can download a fresh copy of your data from 1Password.com

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Verify that you can see all of your items in the browser. If there is anything missing then stop here and let me know.
    3. Download and save the Emergency Kit for your account: Get to know your Emergency Kit
    4. Reset 1Password 8 for Mac by opening terminal and then running the following command:

mv /Users/MACUSERACCOUNT/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/1password.sqlite /Users/MACUSERACCOUNT/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/1password-old.sqlite

** Replace MACUSERACCOUNT with the name of your Mac user profile in both places in the command **

How to open and use Terminal on your Mac - Apple Support

1. Add your 1Password account back to the 1Password for Mac app.

Let me know if that helps or if you run into any issues. 😊

• mcewanbr
    mcewanbr
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that worked. I guess AppCleaner still leaves application residue behind after removing an app.

• Great to hear this worked for you @mcewanbr. Let us know if there's anything else we can do - we'll be happy to help! 😃

This discussion has been closed.