Reorder websites in 1Password 8

Options
mlaferle
mlaferle
Community Member
edited April 2023 in Mac

View 1Password's Approved Answer

We use SSO for many things, so my SSO login has MANY websites listed for it. I organize them in a certain order because the search function doesn't jump to that website.

However, in 1P8 I can't reorder websites anymore. Please add to the list...... Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mlaferle, thank you for this request. I'm happy to pass it on the development team. Thank you for letting us know that this is a change you'd like us to make!

ref: IDEA-I-372

• MacSupport
    MacSupport
    Community Member
    Options

This is essential, and missed from 1Password 7.

• Hi @MacSupport, we do appreciate the feedback. Your vote has been added to the tally - thank you for letting us know this is important to you. 🙏

• awgneo
    awgneo
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, please bring back this feature. It makes it super difficult to organize.

• Hi @awgneo, I have now added a vote for the feature on your behalf. Thanks for your input on this issue!

• d_stone
    d_stone
    Community Member
    Options

Please bring back this feature. – I think, it is very important for an individual structuring.

Why were so many features removed in 1Password 8? :-(

• Hi @d_stone:

Thanks for your feedback. I've added your thoughts to the internal discussion Peter mentioned.

Jack

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    Options

Is this request different in any way from the ability to reorder any other fields (as discussed elsewhere)? I hope not, but if so, IMO, this is no different and I would really need this as well.

• @esquared

Spot on. Same request.

• sloot
    sloot
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this.

I have some computers that still have 1Pass v7 on them, and I went to one of those to reorder the websites :-(

• @sloot

Thank you for the feedback. I've added your vote to the internal tracking item for the feature request. 🙂

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member
    Options

I've been waiting patiently for this. It's been getting worse as new sites get added to my 1Password database, and they don't have the most relevant entry at the top. This must be hard to do, or we'd have had it by now. In lieu of reordering; could we get the ability to favorite/star one of the website entries?

• Hi @invalidptr,

Thanks for following up about this. While I can't share specifics at the moment, reordering fields is on our radar and we'll do our best to post an update once we have one. I appreciate you suggesting an alternative in the meantime and will share it internally!

Turning on automatic updates and keeping an eye on our 1Password for Mac Beta Releases are what I would recommend if you want to see what's coming down the pike. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-372

• ckellogg
    ckellogg
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

+1. How did you miss this? Do you even use your own software? I just ran into it today, twice. Once because I added a URL to a Login, and a second time coming to support forums which you yourselves have renamed from https://discussions.agilebits.com/ to https://1password.community/ yet I can't re-order the fields. Yet another in the spree of disappointing failures with 1P 8.

I'm astoundingly mad that we have to beg and vote for existing functionality to be re-added to the product. Sure is a good thing you're in a space with zero viable competitors. And madder that you're treating it like a feature request to be hemmed and hawed about in some nebulous committee and pencil in for Q4 of 2078, unless something more important comes up. Y'all have 0 respect for long time customers and don't deserve any back.

• Thank you for the feedback, we've recently added field and section re-ordering to 1Password 8:

You can now reorder sections and fields when editing an item.

Make sure that you're running version 8.10.0 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

The team is still working on website reordering, hopefully it'll make it into a future update soon. 🙂

-Dave

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

+1 to this feature request.

Dave Ings

• @ings

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

-Dave

• 1Password Approved Answer

With the release of version 8.10.4 you can now adjust the order of websites and apps tied to an item! 🎉

Thank you to everyone for their feedback and suggestions! 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.