Trouble manually saving a Login

Options
camner
camner
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

A while back I asked this question (about how to force 1P to create an entry when it doesn't autoprompt), and you responded as follows:

Hi Camner,
Thanks for taking the time to contact us.
You can save the new login using the following procedure:

1. Enter your Username and Password but DO NOT CLICK SIGN IN
  2. Open the 1Password browser extension and click the plus button in the top right corner.
  3. Edit the title as desired, then click the Save button, which is now in the top right corner where the plus button was.

Once that's done, you can test the login.

That worked for a while, but now when I click the '+' sign in the 1P extension (Safari, Chrome, and FF), nothing happens. I'm running 3.9.14.90 of the extension and 3.8 of the app.

Any help with troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Camner,

Nothing happens meaning that it doesn't work on any sites or just a few? If nothing happens, it usually means there's no open fields that 1Password can see and save for you.

If it only happens on a few sites, can you tell us the site addresses, so that we can test it?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You need to be sure to follow all the steps. A common point of confusion pertains to step one. You must fill out the form before 1Password can save the information you have filled in it. If you click the + button in the extension with all the form fields empty, then 1Password can't save anything. It won't work. Fill out the form first, then click the + button.

Might that have been the issue?

This discussion has been closed.