Nightly build 1P8 not syncing correctly with other devices

Options

My Mac on 1P8 release has 648 items, as do my iPad and iPhone on 1P8 iOS beta.

But my other Mac on 1P8 nightly build 8.8.0 80800089 has 627 items.

I don't think this is a simple case of stopped syncing because the most recent item in nightly build Mac was added 11th May and I haven't added 21 items on the other devices since the 11th May.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 80800089
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I am afraid I couldn't wait for a solution and have reverted to 1P8 Production build 8.7.0 80700098 using the instructions in this thread:

https://1password.community/discussion/129438/my-1p8-beta-not-updating-to-1p8-release-version#latest

...and all is well. Now have 648 items in all places. I will stay away from nightly builds...this scared me...not had a problem like that with 1P for many years. I know nightly builds are inherently more risky but they have been so reliable I had become over confident in them.

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @mikebore,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue, and I'm glad to hear (after a switch back to Production) that now is all well. If you do encounter any further issues - on any release channel of 1Password - let us know and we'll be happy to help.

The Nightly releases are indeed less tested (by definition) than our Beta and especially Production channels, but generally as long as you have your Emergency Kit, things should be OK. But we also respect your decision about how much risk to take on, and are here to make sure things are working properly should you need. 👍

This discussion has been closed.