Window Persistence Issue

Options
BWGHK
BWGHK
Community Member

After upgrading to version 8, suddenly the unlock window doesn't stay put.

When I click the icon on my Firefox toolbar, the window appears and then promptly dive behind other open windows. I then have to click the toolbar icon again to get it back so I can enter my password. This did not happen with version 7; i.e. the window was persistent and stayed on top until I entered the password.

Another issue is that when 1Password is locked, I can no longer just click on a field on a web page to bring the unlock window up. For example, on my banking site the first page asks for my username - I used to be able to click in the field to get the 1Password unlock window to appear, but that no longer works, I always have to go to the toolbar.

Also, the popup window to select passwords cannot be resized, instead I have to scroll (and the scroll bars are not visible at first, I have to click inside the left or right side of the window first to see them, which is not as user-friendly). I would prefer having the ability to just drag the window as far open as I'd like to cut down the amount of scrolling needed. Yes, I know I can search, but sometimes there are other reasons I need a different view.

Would like to see these issues fixed sooner rather than later.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: MacOs 12.13.1

Comments

• Hey @BWGHK:

That definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have when unlocking 1Password. Are you still running into trouble with the unlock window losing focus? Let me know!

Jack

• BWGHK
    BWGHK
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Jack, yes, it's absolutely still happening.

Furthermore, despite checking preferences and setting the lock time to 1 hour, 1Password locks itself after only minutes. I unlock it, walk away for 5 minutes, come back and it's locked again.

Version 8 has been pretty frustrating.

• BWGHK
    BWGHK
    Community Member
    Options

I just deleted the app and re-installed it from a fresh download - maybe the the upgrade was borked somehow.

Now testing the unlock to see if it re-locks again.

• BWGHK
    BWGHK
    Community Member
    Options

Nope - relocked itself after just a few minutes.

• BWGHK
    BWGHK
    Community Member
    Options

Another test - app self-locks when Mac screensaver begins - can replicate each time.

• Hey @BWGHK:

The next step would be taking a closer look at how 1Password is working on your Mac. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• BWGHK
    BWGHK
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hey Jack - I tried sending the diagnostics file as instructed to "support+forum@1password.com" but the mail bounced back immediately.

I sent it instead to support@1password.com

Thanks.

• Hey @BWGHK:

Thanks for sending it in. I was able to locate it, so we'll take a look and be in touch soon. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: LTD-11419-865

This discussion has been closed.