Safari client for v7

Options
bestlem
bestlem
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Mac

Where has the client for Safari for version 7 gone? It is not on the page with the Firefox and Chrome ones https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.5.BETA-1 (70905001) 1Passw
Extension Version: Missing
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@bestlem,

That's because its part of the 1Password 7.app itself, it doesn't have a separate install.

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

Ah a better question would be how do I get it to show in the toolbar.

It is turned on in the Preferences->Extensions

• rudy
    Options

@bestlem,

if you right click on the toolbar and choose 'customize toolbar' do you see a 1Password icon in the available choices?

• bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

No I don't.

Well not exactly on a few restarts of Safari I see the icon but when I drag it into the toolbar it stays momentarily and then disappears. On the next restarts the icon appears in the tool bar but immediately disappears

• ag_tommy
    Options

@bestlem

Let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac:](https://support.apple.com/guide/terminal/open-or-quit-terminal-apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac)
    3. Paste the following into Terminal (single line) and then press enter to run the command:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

1. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.
  • bestlem
    bestlem
    Community Member
    Options

No same thing

On turning on 1passwoprd for Safari after doing as requested.

The 1password icon appears in the toolbar and then immediately disappears.

At least it is consistent now

• ag_tommy
    Options

Odd @bestlem Please email us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. It sounds like we may need more information that we can gather here such as diagnostic reports.

If you open Safari - Preferences - Extensions do you see 1Password enabled?

Have you given the Mac a restart? That may flush out any oddities.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@bestlem

One other thing you might consider is replacing the 1Password 7 app. It could be damaged and if so, that might explain the issue you're experiencing.

1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart the Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
  • @bestlem

Thanks for emailing us. Let's keep the conversation going via email. I'm going to close this discussion to prevent duplication of efforts.

ref: PUW-18962-989

This discussion has been closed.