I get a popup when I try to open 1pw for mac v8. Says I have a newer version that must be updated fi

Options
rplandis
rplandis
Community Member

I get a popup when I try to open 1pw for mac v8. Says I have a newer version that must be updated first. The popup says: You’ve used a newer version of 1Password on this device. Update to the latest version to keep using 1Password. Contact support@1password.com if you need help.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:popup will not let me login to v8

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2022
    Options

It sounds like you are running up against a database schema change from one of the latter beta or nightly versions. The best option would be to set aside the current installation database. Here's what you would need to do.

Change your settings to production channel to avoid any potential auto update. 1Password > Preferences > Advanced. If you can't do that at this time, please do so immediately after reinstalling 1Password.

1. Make sure you have your Emergency Kit and know your account password.
    2. Quit 1Password and all browser for good measure. Right-click 1Password in the menu bar (If it's there) and click Quit.
    3. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...

In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

1. Press Return.

2. You'll see a folder called Data – right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".

3. Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    4. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password 8. You'll be taken through the setup process.
This discussion has been closed.