1p8 browser extension slow

rand0rand0
Community Member

Browser extension is incredibly, painfully slow - to the point of being unusable. Authentication at the browser - takes forever. pw lookup - even longer. I've resorted to using desktop, and cutting and pasting un and pw. It's that slow.

1Password Version: 8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 12
Referrer: forum-search:1p8 browser slow

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@rand0

That's not the experience we want you to have. Please email us using [email protected]. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. I'd like to have one of out extension folks help you resolve this trouble.

• ronanchilversronanchilvers
    Community Member

I have the same problem on OSX. The quick access menu app sometimes crashes and I have to re-start it. When it is running, access is variably slow - occasionally freezing my entire browser (Chrome) for several seconds. Using the quick access keystroke (OPTION+CMD+\ on OSX) sometimes either doesn't work or the quick access panel takes an age to appear while my laptops fan goes mad. Right now its taking around 5 to 10 seconds for the panel to appear.

Overall performance of the browser integration and quick access is much worse than it was before version 8 - previous versions of the app were extremely snappy and I never saw performance issues. Back to a native app and speedy performance please!

• thebrantthebrant
    Community Member

Same here. It had been working pretty well for a few months. For the last 1-2 weeks it's taking ages. At first I thought it was completely failing to find the matching item in my vault, an impression reinforced by 1P offering to create a new masked email as if I were registering (which is especially rich given that it fails to do that more often than not when I actually am.)

Between this and the thing where functionality is hobbled whenever Chrome has a pending update, usability is really poor more than half the time.

1P team, I'm sure you guys are tired of people threatening to switch. But if I can't reliably count on 1P being faster and easier to use than Keepass…

• saltyfoxsaltyfox
    Community Member
    edited November 7

Having the same experience since the upgrade from 7 to 8. It seems like maybe it's a caching issue or the like as it gets progressively worse over the course of the day. Just now, I tried to autofill an account login, and it took over 2m and the memory process ramped up to 50 GB+ for that specific browser page.

• Joy_1PJoy_1P

Team Member

Hi @saltyfox, that is very odd. Could you let me know if you're getting that issue when trying to fill a login with a keyboard shortcut? If not, what steps are you taking to fill your logins? Does the issue happen on every website or just a specific one?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file