Fill in browser not working with 1P 8

Hatclub
Hatclub
Community Member

After getting cheesed off again about the performance of 1Password 7 lead me to come to the site to finally make a thread about it, I then discovered that 1Password 8 was a thing, and so have upgraded and swapped out my plugins for the plugin formerly known as X.

I really like the 'spotlight search'-esque Quick Access function and keyboard shortcuts which I've bound to ctrl-alt-\ because... I'm sure that's where the "1pmini-anywhere" bind was by default before and I don't understand why it wouldn't be there again...

Anyway - Ctrl-\ (backslash) does nothing in any browser I've cared to try. This is slowing down logging in to things in browser vs using 1P 7 and the 'legacy' extension, where I used to be able to hit Ctrl-\, then Ctrl-V for the OTP.

I can see an unanswered thread in the beta forum about this from 6 months ago - https://1password.community/discussion/125816/fill-in-browser-is-still-broken-in-1password-8 - is this still 'known broken', or is it just me?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Chrome 2.3.4
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2 x64

Comments

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

I was sure I opened this in "Windows" and while I can understand it being moved from Windows to Browsers, why was this (silently?) moved to the /beta/ section of the forum? Shouldn't this thread be in https://1password.community/categories/saving-and-filling-logins ?

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member

I have since figured out that for some reason the default "fill in browser" bind was not properly registered somehow after installation.

The 1password settings showed that the shortcut should be ctrl+\, but it was not until I clicked in the box to reconfigure the key binding and set it back to ctrl+\ again, that ctrl+\ actually worked in browsers.

• Hi @Hatclub:

I'm glad to hear you were able to get things working again. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.