1Password Mac doesn't update to 8.7.1 [Fixed now on our side, check for an update to grab 8.7.1]

Options
andreww__j_
andreww__j_
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

I'm running 1Password (Stable) version 8.7.0 and when I go to the "Check for Updates" screen, I get the "Downloading Update" text, but after 30 seconds, it almost times out, and tells me that there's no update available:
[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PL9RLoobHUKPI9gW2Ip4IQf1qlSK4ego/view?usp=sharing](see video here)

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• @andreww__j_

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: andreww__j_
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/130528/1password-mac-doesnt-update-to-8-7-1#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• bonbon
    bonbon
    Community Member
    Options

it also happened to me. then I gave up and downloaded the installer again from your website. that's why we need apple app store.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting this.

We are working on this, it's an issue on our side. We'll follow up as soon as this is resolved.

• MikeT
    edited June 2022
    Options

Just an update, this has been resolved on our side.

We just tested this and it works on our side now.

Note that no one has to reinstall, there is no new update, it was an issue with our app update service related to how we serve our Intel and Apple Silicon builds.

We'll be adding more code to prevent this from happening again, we do apologize that this wasn't caught before.

• wyckALA
    wyckALA
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I was prompted to update to 8.7.1 after your post saying the issue is fixed. The download updated and I was prompted to restart 1Password. I accidentally dismissed the administrator userid/PW box that popped up, so 1Password did not update. The app now reports that 8.7.0 is up-to-date. Is this a bug?

• andreww__j_
    andreww__j_
    Community Member
    Options

I've just managed to update to 8.7.1 on Apple Silicon Mac successfully

This discussion has been closed.