"Use Dropbox" button disabled

Options
tomtom2
tomtom2
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

G´Day all,

looks like I have a little problem with using dropbox. I have different machines, guess I had a previous licence of 1Password one or more of them. But not too sure as I can´t find the licence key any more.

For a new machine I bought a new licence via app-store, but with that one I am not able to activate dropbox at all. Function is simply grayed out. So I am not able to use dropbox to sync passwords. Any idea what that might be?

Apart from that: I guess there must be a licence key (or any other infomation) on the older machines as dropbox is working there without a problem. Any chance to remove 1Password-App-Store-Version restrictions by copying this licence key file? Where is it stored, how is it named?

Thanks for your help and hints

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The most common reason that the button would be disabled is that your Dropbox folder has strayed from Home. Please read this support article for the full details:

Dropbox folder not located in the default location in the Home folder

1Password 3.9 adheres to Apple's sandboxing guidelines which require explicit permission to access files and folders on your disk. 1Password 3.9 has permission to access this exact location:

~/Dropbox

If your Dropbox folder is not located there, 1Password simply cannot access it. At the moment, 1Password 3.9 is only allowed to access the default location of Dropbox. We're working on an update to allow you to grant explicit permission to 1Password to access your Dropbox folder elsewhere, but I don't have a timeframe on this.

If you need a temporary workaround, you can use 1Password 3.8 which does not adhere to Apple's sandboxing guidelines and can thus access your data file from anywhere on your disk regardless of where your Dropbox folder is located.

I tried looking up your license key by your email address (the one you used to sign up for this forum since that is all I had to go on), but I didn't find a license associated with that address. That said, we can give you a license key if you email us your MAS receipt. Then you can use 1Password 3.8 without any restriction on the location of the Dropbox folder.

support@ agilebits .com

You can download 1Password 3.8 from our website:

http://agilebits.com/downloads

Aside from sandboxing, there are not really any substantial differences. Most users never run into this problem as they use the default Dropbox folder location, but in your case "sidegrading" to 3.8 is an option. It is not a downgrade. 1Password 3.8 and 3.9 have been developed in tandem and only have different version numbers for technical reasons.

This discussion has been closed.