OnChange not firing for In-App browser

broedellAtUsbnc
broedellAtUsbnc
Community Member

I was able to reproduce this issue on my Android device but my users have reported it on iPad and iPhone too.

I have a created a page that is identical to my Production login page except it displays the values of the internal state for username and password. The page can be found here https://www-test.bahai.us/community-f-WEB-2294-Troubleshooting/login

The expected result on this page is that it should display an error message above the fields that says "Invalid User ID and/or password" after clicking Sign In button.

Steps to reproduce
1. Create a Vault Login Item
2. Enter username "123"
3. Enter password "abc"
4. Enter website "https://www-test.bahai.us/community-f-WEB-2294-Troubleshooting/login"
5. Save
6. Use Android 1Password App (if not already using it)
7. Go to recently created Vault Login Item for 123, abc, www-test.bahai.us...
8. Tap the website (this appears to go to some type of in-app browser where the username and password look like they're pre-filled)
9. Click "Sign In" button
10. Error message "Please enter username and password" appears, which is NOT expected. The expected result is an error message that says "Invalid User ID and/or password"

List of images (I'm listing the images here first because the resolution is so high it is hard to navigate the question after scrolling into the images)
1. Screenshot showing the Vault Login Item and, circled in green, is the area to tap in order to be taken to the in-app browser
2. Screenshot of in-app browser that opens after tapping the Website field
3. Screenshot of in-app browser AFTER clicking the Sign In button
4. This is what the in-app browser SHOULD show

The following issues are similar but, since they're already been closed I have created a new question:

BEGIN IMAGES

1. Screenshot showing the Vault Login Item and, circled in green, is the area to tap in order to be taken to the in-app browser

2. Screenshot of in-app browser that opens after tapping the Website field

3. Screenshot of in-app browser AFTER clicking the Sign In button

4. This is what the in-app browser SHOULD show

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Google Pixel 5, Android 12, SP2A.220505.002
Referrer: forum-search:onchange

Comments

• broedellAtUsbnc
    broedellAtUsbnc
    Community Member

I was able to create a work around on my site by changing my page to use Uncontrolled components (as React calls them) instead of Controlled components (as React calls them). Basically, instead of setting the input component's value and onChange properties I set the ref property to a React ref object using either React.CreateRef() or useRef().

• Hello @broedellAtUsbnc, thanks for joining us on the community forum!

My suspicion is that this is an issue specifically with 1Browser, our internal browser available in 1Password 7. We added 1Browser at a time where Autofill was not broadly supported on mobile browsers. Since support for Autofill or Autofill compatibility is now available with most mobile browsers we suggest using your preferred browser instead of 1Browser which is not receiving regular updates.

You can open a website directly in your browser then tap a login field to bring up the Autofill prompt. You can also open your default browser through 1Password 7 for Android by long pressing the website field in an item then tapping Open... After tapping Open... you can tap a login field to bring up the Autofill prompt. In 1Password 8 for Android, the long press is not required. Tapping the website field in an item gives you a few options including opening your default browser.

This discussion has been closed.