Need help "reconnecting" 1Password 6.8.9 with 1Password Mini

1Pfanatic
1Pfanatic
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm running Mojave for various reasons. Two days ago I installed 1P version 7, unaware it required a subscription, which I don't want yet. I uninstalled 7 and reinstalled 6.8.9, seemingly without a problem. I was wrong. 1Password mini opened fine with my password, but the app would not open, throwing up a dialog box saying that it can't reconnect to mini. It tries, but eventually fails. I uninstalled 7 and reinstalled 6.8.9, but the 1P app still won't open.

This is apparently an issue so common that Agilebits has a page dedicated to fixing it. I've tried all the things suggested (reinstall, restart, look for duplicate copies of 1Passsword, make sure it's in the Applications folder, etc.), but still no success. I then contacted tech support, but all I got back was the usual stuff about how 6.8.9 is no longer supported, and the usual pitch to upgrade and sign up for a subscription... with a discount. It's a nice touch, but not what I want to do until I get a new Mac. I should add that in the reply from Agilebits there was not a word about my issue, and no technical advice. I know this must be a fairly easy fix... to get the app and mini talking together again.

Any help will be much appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6

Comments

• Hey @1Pfanatic:

That definitely isn't the experience we want you to have with 1Password. The short version is that because 1Password 6 is a legacy app, we're relatively limited in the support we can provide.

I can definitely follow up with some more details in your email conversation with us, but I wasn't able to locate your conversation with us using the email you've registered here on the Support Community with. Are you able to share the support ID you received? It should look something like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to share some next steps we can take to get 1Password working for you again.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.