What happened to the mini interface in 1P8?

Options
2»

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2022
    Options

@AMonitorDarkly

Thank you for the feedback. While we don't have any plans to bring back the old 1Password Mini, our team is paying attention to the feedback that we're collecting on the forums (and other places) as to how we can improve Quick Access in the future to make it more useful for folks such as yourself. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1465

• @AMonitorDarkly

I understand your disappointment. The support team has passed along your feedback about Quick Access to the product team. If you do have any other specific feedback then let me know and I can pass that along as well. 🙂

-Dave

• spcphd
    spcphd
    Community Member
    Options

I agree that this change was the worst feature of 1password 8. I'm still using 7 and will likely do so until I'm forced to change. Its fine to make a new search feature, but don't remove the click interface. The whole app is not as user friendly for legacy users.

• mixture
    mixture
    Community Member
    Options

+1

It saddens me that Mini interface was taken away. Quick Access is a joke compared to 1P7's Mini access via menu bar.

I won't hold my breath it coming back, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. All the people in my family I've made use 1P think that 1P8 is a step backward and they are very frustrated with the lack of the proper Mini interface that was so good in 1P7.

I have a very hard time imagining that the 1P community of users would have voted "yes" to this change of Mini interface if they were asked before 1P8 was developed. And for that reason I'm disappointed that the 1P team decided to make the product inferior. You should never change for the sake of change.

• Homer
    Homer
    Community Member
    Options

I had used 1Password for what seemed like forever, but, after struggling with 1P8 for a few months, I just had to move on. Kept my access to these forums and every month or so I check back to see how issues that users brought up are being resolved. Most (like this one regarding the Mini interface) have not had any progress whatsoever. It seems that the developers think they got it right, and no amount of feedback from users is going to convince them otherwise. Beyond disappointing.

• mixture
    mixture
    Community Member
    Options

@AMonitorDarkly, same here, to be frank and honest.

I've been a registered user here on the forums since 2008 - longer than many 1P employees. I've used 1Password for that same amount of time. That's 15 years.

And I've loved every single second of it, until 1Password 8.

The regression in usability is too much of a pain point for me that I would remain loyal if a competitor brought on a better product. I also hated that they went with Electron instead of a native solution.

But, speed wise the concerns I had with 1Password 8 did not manifest, however, these usability problems are a killer. I miss 1Password 7 but I also don't want to downgrade to an older product that will not be upgraded in future with new features.

Overall I have to agree that there's been zero acknowledgment by the 1Password staff that 1Password 8 took a turn for the worse. So I have to assume the staff and founders of 1Password are happy with the new product. And for this reason I also do not expect any positive changes down the line.

Sad, sad times.

This discussion has been closed.