I came across this issue when I added a fingerprint to my android device.
1P8 prompted me for my master password which I entered after which I went to the security tab to make sure fingerprint unlock was still enabled. I minimized the app and when I went back in, it prompted me for my master password again.
Since then I've found a more sure way of reproducing the issue. Here are the steps to reproduce:
- Enable fingerprint unlock and make sure auto-lock is set to immediately.
- Minimize the app and open it again, verify that the app prompt's you for fingerprint unlock.
- Once inside 1P8, navigate to the security tab and disable fingerprint unlock.
- Exit out of the app.
- When you go back in, it'll prompt you for your master password. Enter it and go back to security and enable fingerprint unlock. Leave auto-lock as immediate.
- Exit out the app and go back in, this time it'll ask you to unlock using master password with a message stating "You need to enter your account password before you can use fingerprint unlock".
- I entered my master password and exited out the app.
- On going back in the second time, I'd expect fingerprint unlock to now be functional - but it keeps asking me for my master password with the same message above.
- Change auto-lock to "1-minute" and allow 1P8 to lock on it's own.
- Go back in and enter your master password.
- Change auto-lock to immediate.
- Now it start's prompting for fingerprint unlock
Tested on Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 2-XL
1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided