Why do I have to retype the master password for each login on IOS even with open 1password app?

ftiemerftiemer
Community Member
edited June 21 in iOS

I'm using 1Password on IOS 15.5 (iPone 13 and iPad pro, 1Password 7.9.6, no V 8 available) as well as Windows 10 (1Password 8.7.2) and installed the 1Password **app **both environments.
Unhappily they behave different:
Windows: Open vault (which vault depends on the used master password, cool feature). As long as the app stays open, every recognized login works fine without retyping the master password.
IOS: No matter if the 1Password app ist open or not, I have to re-type in the master password for each and every login, that's really annoying. And no, I don't use face-ID on any device due to company policies.

Did I ignore an important setting or feature or is this different behavior wanted?

1Password Version: 7.9.6 and 8.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Alvin.L_1PAlvin.L_1P

Team Member

Hi @ftiemer :

The behaviour you mentioned is a limitation of our integration with the iOS Password AutoFill feature - when going through Password AutoFill's interface to open 1Password, 1Password is opening in a more restricted mode than when you launch the main app itself. In this more restricted mode we're unable to perform the background tasks necessary to set up things like a perpetual unlock. This means that you'll need to authenticate each time you use Password AutoFill.

Do you have biometrics (Touch or Face ID) enabled on your iPhone? If yes, you can use Touch or Face ID to unlock 1Password so you do not need to enter your password each time.

In regard to 1Password on Windows, this is expected behaviour. If the app itself is locked, you'll need to unlock 1Password again before you can access your data. Can you check the auto-lock settings in the app:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings > Security.

What are your auto-lock settings set to?

Alvin

• ftiemerftiemer
    Community Member

Hi @Alvin.L_1P
    many thanks for your explanation. On windows everything works perfect for me, there's no issue.
    On IOS I face the restriction not to use faceID. Thus there is no overseen feature or setting and I do not need to do further search.
    That helped to save time for me, thank you
    Best regards, Frank

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

On behalf of Alvin, you're welcome.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file