How do I remove a suggested account?

noodlekid
noodlekid
Community Member

I'm using 1Password 8 for Mac. When I go to Account > Sign in to Another Account... there is a suggested account that I would like to remove but I can't find a way to do that. It is an account that belongs to a friend of mine. I do not know the password and have no reason to ever log in to that account on my machine. How can I remove it?

1Password Version: 8.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Hello @noodlekid! 👋

The account suggestion that you're seeing in the 1Password app is being shown because the 1Password app has found a 1Password account in your iCloud Keychain. In order to make it easier to sign into a 1Password account on your Apple devices 1Password will store an encrypted copy of the equivalent of the Emergency Kit in the iCloud Keychain the first time that you add that account to the 1Password app on any of your Apple devices.

If you have an account being found in the details stored in iCloud, and you no longer want that account to show in the list of found accounts, you can remove the data from iCloud keychain:

1. On the Mac, launch the "Keychain Access" utility that comes with macOS
    2. In the search box in the upper-right corner of the app, search for "com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials" (without the quote marks)
    3. Each search result you see is one account's details that are stored in iCloud Keychain
    4. Double-click on the entry you want to examine
    5. Tick the "Show password" box at the bottom of the Attributes tab, and enter your macOS user password when prompted
    6. The contents of the box will show the stored account details - you can click into the box and use the up and down keys on your keyboard to see all of the details
    7. When you have identified the entry that relates to the specific membership you no longer want to have recorded in iCloud Keychain, delete that one com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials entry

Please let me know if you run into any issues. 😊

• noodlekid
    noodlekid
    Community Member

Yes! Thank you. This solved my issue.

• @noodlekid

I'm happy to hear that the steps helped. 😊

This discussion has been closed.