[1P8] Shouldn't try to autofill Chrome address bar

Options
francislavoie
francislavoie
Community Member

When I tap on the address bar, it opens the autofill prompt but I can't dismiss it by tapping outside. It's covering a UI element underneath it, i.e. the history/search results.

Comments

• Hello @francislavoie, thanks for sharing this with us!

I suspect this is related to a bug introduced with version 7.9.4.Beta-1. If you're using 1Password 7 only on your device you can try the following:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    3. Tap Accessibility off.
    4. Tap Autofill on.
    5. Tap Always show Autofill suggestions below fields on (if you prefer suggestions below fields).

If you're using 1Password 7 and 8 on your device you can stop after disabling Accessibility at step 3 and continue using Autofill from 1Password 8. Let me know how that goes!

• francislavoie
    francislavoie
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

This is the autocomplete from 1P8 early access. I did remove autofill from 7 and switched it to 8.

The problem is: it shouldn't show autofill for the Chrome address bar (it's not a password or personal details form), and tapping away from it should dismiss it but it doesn't seem to in Chrome, it does get dismissed elsewhere.

• Hi @francislavoie, thanks for your reply!

The Search 1Password and Create a new login wording suggests this is from 1Password 7, not 1Password 8. With Accessibility filling on in 1Password 7 and Autofill on in 1Password 8 I can reproduce what you've shown with your screenshot. This definitely is a bug, and I've updated the related issue we have internally. For the time being, you can disable Accessibility filling in 1Password 7 to resolve this. Thanks again!

• francislavoie
    francislavoie
    Community Member
    Options

Great, yeah that's what it was. I uninstalled the old 1Password version and the autofill no longer shows there. Thanks!

• Hi @francislavoie, thanks for confirming that! You are very welcome

This discussion has been closed.