How to edit password suggestions

Options
tommy
tommy
Community Member

I am creating a new login. I input credentials and go to password generator. Though it claims to follow website's password requirements, it does not.
You cannot edit the suggested password, for example to change the character suggested, by clicking in the suggested password fields.
How do you do this? Why isn't it intuitive?

1Password Version: 8.7.1`
Extension Version: 2.3.5
OS Version: Mac os 11.6.7
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @tommy:

Great question. First, are you able to share the page where the Smart Password generator isn't generating a password that the website doesn't accept? We're able to add that to a list compiled in part by our friends at Apple and improve the filling experience for everyone.

As for changing your password, you can choose to generate a password manually when you run into a situation like this by opening the 1Password pop-up by clicking the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, choosing the ≡ menu, then selecting Password Generator. Click Smart Password and you can change it to Random Password, tweak the options to match the site's restrictions, then choose Autofill to fill in the password and be prompted to save it.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

TWO (2) weeks to reply ? ? ?
    That is not the kind of customer service I can accept.

• @tommy

My apologies for any delay. It looks as if Jack may have uncovered some missed conversations such as yours. We do our very best to get to everyone's questions here in the community, but in the end there are only so many hours and we are few compared to our colleagues in email support. You are always free to write into our email system if you prefer. If you like the community you can also bump your post if you fee it has not gotten attention in a reasonable amount of time.

• robson
    robson
    Community Member
    Options

We're having the same problem. It wasn't an issue when we were on the non-subscription version. We've been using 1Password since at least 2010 and it was never annoying before. Now it is. Which site(s)? WAY too many to document easily. We just want to be able to edit the suggested password(s).

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Very true. When it used to work well, why, after updating, do you force us to jump through huge loops to edit a password???

This discussion has been closed.