After copying from Identity or Credit Card, 1Password goes back home

Options
cameron666
cameron666
Community Member

In past versions, when I would copy a section of an Identity or a Credit Card and then go to another app, when I would return to the app, the screen would stay on the item.

Now when I copy an item and return to 1Password I am taken all the way back to the list of categories.

Is there a setting to disable this?

Comments

• cameron666
    cameron666
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening on both Mac and iOS 7.9.6.BETA-1

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @cameron666! 👋

Our developers are aware of an issue where the selection of the "Always Open To" setting in the 1Password app for iOS results in an item being closed when you switch away from the 1Password app and then back. The problem appears to be caused when you select your 1Password account for "Always Open To" instead of selecting a specific vault. We're investigating a permanent fix but in the meantime can you please try the following:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on Vaults.
    4. Set "Always Open To" to Last Used Vault
    5. Tap on Categories on the bottom of the app. You might have to tap on it twice until you see all of the Categories (All Item, Logins, Secure Notes, etc...)
    6. Tap on the vault icon in the upper left corner of the app.
    7. Select All Vaults.

Then open an item and try to reproduce the same issue by switching to another app and then back to 1Password. Let me know if that helps. 🙂

ref: apple-5256

• cameron666
    cameron666
    Community Member
    Options

That worked!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cameron666

I'm happy to hear that the steps worked. Hopefully we'll be able to include a permanent fix with a future update so that the steps aren't necessary. 😊

This discussion has been closed.